CPU Setting Problem

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Shirl, Oct 3, 2006.

  1. Shirl

    Shirl Guest

    hi

    before i look on the web, someone may know this instantly.

    My motherboard is a MSI KT6V Series
    MS-7021 Socket A

    i got a new athlon 2800+ socket A CPU today
    AXDZ28000KV4D
    i checked on MSI website and it takes this one

    i put it in and it loads up the same speed as my old one 2000Mhz (1.67Mhz)

    i went in the BIOS the only place i can see anything to do with the CPU is
    the frequency/voltage menu under CPU FSB Clock
    it goes from 100Mhz to 280Mhz (at moment its 133Mhz)
    i tried setting it to 280mhz but it wouldnt start up the system, i had to
    clear CMOS and set everything again.

    how do i set it to see 2800Mhz (2083Mhz)??

    shirl

    Shirl, Oct 3, 2006

  2. Het is zò dat Shirl formuleerde :
    > hi
    >
    > before i look on the web, someone may know this instantly.
    >
    > My motherboard is a MSI KT6V Series
    > MS-7021 Socket A
    >
    > i got a new athlon 2800+ socket A CPU today
    > AXDZ28000KV4D
    > i checked on MSI website and it takes this one
    >
    > i put it in and it loads up the same speed as my old one 2000Mhz (1.67Mhz)
    >
    > i went in the BIOS the only place i can see anything to do with the CPU is
    > the frequency/voltage menu under CPU FSB Clock
    > it goes from 100Mhz to 280Mhz (at moment its 133Mhz)
    > i tried setting it to 280mhz but it wouldnt start up the system, i had to
    > clear CMOS and set everything again.
    >
    > how do i set it to see 2800Mhz (2083Mhz)??
    >
    > shirl

    Probably you have to set the FSB clock at 200MHz, the multiplier is
    fixed on AMD Athlon CPU's. Your CPU probably has a fixed multiplier of
    10.
    I have an KT6Delta mobo and a Athlon 2600+ CPU, the FSB here must be
    set at 166MHz, the multiplier is 11.5 (166x11.5=1909 MHz the correct
    frequency for my CPU).

    Good luck.

    André

    --
    (\__/)
    ( o_O) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into

    =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Andr=E9,_PE1PQX?=, Oct 4, 2006

  3. Shirl

    Bodine Guest

    I'm having the same problem with a KT3V MS-6712 board. Ran fine with
    an XP1800 at FSB 133, but won't start an XP2800 when the FSB is set at
    FSB 166 (stock). Anyone figure this out yet?

    Bodine

    Bodine, Oct 23, 2006