CPU Temperature higher with Hyperthreading Disabled !

Discussion in 'Intel' started by Paul Rubin, Feb 21, 2004.

  1. Paul Rubin

    Paul Rubin Guest

    Hi all, I have previously posted inquiries about why the CPU
    temperature is about 10 degrees hotter when you turn HyperThreading
    OFF in the Bios on a WinXP system. I have finally found the solution:

    Go into device manager and expand the "Computer" entry. This probably
    says, "ACPI Multiprocessor PC" you have to update driver and tell it
    you want
    to select the driver. Use the option to select the driver Manually and
    choose "Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC", and
    this will fix
    your high temp issue. I had to do two reboots, and now my CPU
    temperature is back to normal with HT turned OFF.

    I'm guessing that you'd have to revert the Computer ACPI setting back
    to Multiprocessor PC if you ever turn HT back ON.

    The reason I had to turn HT OFF is that my Leadtek WinFast Deluxe card
    is incompatible with HT with the current set of drivers.

    Sincerely,
    Paul Rubin

    Paul Rubin, Feb 21, 2004