    i am interested in upgrading to the XP3200+ and wondering if this board will
    run that cpu ok?

    tia

    Dave, Aug 4, 2004

  2. you need a 400mhz fsb for the 3200+

    Achim Weissegger, Aug 4, 2004

  3. Dave

    Dave Guest

    sorry.... meant to say that the xp3200 has a 400mhz fsb

    Dave, Aug 4, 2004
  4. Dave

    BigBadger Guest

    The fastest CPU you can run would be the XP2600+ with a 266FSB.... If you
    look for one of these CPU's be careful because there are 3 types of XP2600+,
    2 of which have 333FSB and would be no good on your board.

    BigBadger, Aug 4, 2004
  5. Dave

    rstlne Guest

    "Dave" <> wrote in message
    > i have an abit kg7a-raid mainboard with an XP1900 cpu fitted.
    > this board has a 200/266mhz fsb.
    > i am interested in upgrading to the XP3200+ and wondering if this board

    will
    > run that cpu ok?
    >
    > tia

    Yea, it'll probably run it, but it will not run it verry fast..
    1463mhz vs 2200mhz

    rstlne, Aug 4, 2004
  6. Dave

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 13:11:32 +1000, Dave wrote:

    > i have an abit kg7a-raid mainboard with an XP1900 cpu fitted.
    > this board has a 200/266mhz fsb.
    > i am interested in upgrading to the XP3200+ and wondering if this board will
    > run that cpu ok?

    Your FSB is limited to 133MHz (maybe 145 overclocked). The 3200+ uses a
    200MHz FSB and all newer cpu's are multiplier locked so you can't change
    it. So the max you would get out of the cpu is 11x145 vs. default 11x200.
    Your best bet for this board is a /266 model cpu, or any that is unlocked.
    See link below for more info.

    Wes Newell, Aug 4, 2004