crashed SUNPCi II Pro card?

Discussion in 'Sun Hardware' started by John Benge, Oct 8, 2003.

  1. John Benge

    John Benge Guest

    Hi,

    Upon rebooting my Ultra 60 my Sun PCi II pro card appears not to work
    anymore. I had overclocked the cpu in the past but had been running the
    card in its original configuration for the past several months.

    When I try and start the SunPCi software the window appears but it never
    turns black or shows the bios/post/boot screen.

    dmesg shows the following:

    Oct 8 09:19:59 sparc sunpci2drv: [ID 362714 kern.notice] Hardware
    Reboot: X86 failed to respond

    I presume that the cpu has given up the ghost? or is it the bios/pc card?

    Has anyone encountered this problem??

    Cheers

    John

    John Benge, Oct 8, 2003