Creative SB Live

Discussion in 'Soundcards' started by BrianB, Dec 7, 2003.

  1. BrianB

    BrianB Guest

    I am using Creative Play Centre 2 V1.01.71.0 software
    with my SB Live 1024 board on an ME system.

    Recently I get an error message when I open Play
    Center2 to the effect that it
    "Cannot initialise MediaDet's COM object".
    This does not prevent the playing of MP3 files
    from my HD but it does cause
    my system to fail to recognise or open
    my CD, TEAC CD-W512EB,or my DVD player.

    I have tried posting to various Creative Technology
    support NGs without success and searches on Google
    and the Microsoft KB have so far failed to help.

    Any ideas as to the problem greatly appreciated.

    TIA

    Brian

    BrianB, Dec 7, 2003