    Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
    grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,
    REALLY good. I'll have some of that!"
    Daniel Prince, Mar 28, 2010

  2. Daniel Prince

    Paul Guest

    Daniel Prince wrote:
    > I am planning to buy an ASUS M4N78 PRO motherboard. Is Crucial ecc
    > memory (CT2KIT25672AA800) the best, reasonable priced, memory for
    > this motherboard? If not, what memory is better? Thank you in
    > advance for all replies.
    > --
    > Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
    > grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,
    > REALLY good. I'll have some of that!"

    I took a quick look, and all I can see around seems to be CAS6 memory,
    so the stuff you've located seems to be "average". It would appear
    there might have previously been CAS5 DDR2-800 memory, but it is
    gone now (I checked micron.com and their CAS5 module is marked "EOL").

    Paul
    Paul, Mar 28, 2010

  3. Daniel Prince

    Win7 Guest

    Also use the "Memory Search" at bottom-left of the page www.kingston.com

    This reveals "8GB 800MHz DDR2 ECC CL6 DIMM (Kit of 2)" with part number
    KVR800D2E6K2/8G as one option, though you may not need 8GB.

    Kingston guarantee that memory chosen using their selector will work with
    the selected hardware.

    Win7, Jun 3, 2010