    light at all. Put new batteries in just to be sure and still nothing.

    Any input, suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

    Jeff

    jlcarriere, Jan 26, 2005

  2. jlcarriere

    Ginchy Guest

    forget the red light it does nothing

    you have to connect the WOL lead and activate it in the bios before the
    remote will work!

    HTH

    "jlcarriere" <> wrote in message
    > Brand new setup, everything else works just as it should both mainboard

    and
    > Cbox3. Think I might have a defective handigator. There is a red light

    on
    > the remote which I'm assuming should light up if operational. Mine will

    not

    Ginchy, Jan 26, 2005

  3. jlcarriere

    jlcarriere Guest

    Thanks a million dude. Funny it doesn't mention that very important detail
    in any of there manuals. Infact, thats flippin lame.

    That is the only thing I haven't connected.
    Thanks again, HTH

    Jeff

    jlcarriere, Jan 26, 2005
  4. jlcarriere

    Ginchy Guest

    When I got my board a year ago I had to write to them and they told me. They
    then put it in the FAQ on the board but then removed it again????

    Ginchy, Jan 26, 2005
  5. jlcarriere

    DigiSign Guest

    Hi!
    Does you card reader work?
    My handigator works fine but can't access SM memory card (WinXP pro)

    DigiSign, Jan 30, 2005
  6. jlcarriere

    jlcarriere Guest

    My card reader works great, but I've only used it with my SD card, Haven't
    used the SM reader. Does the SM show up in "My Computer" as a removeable
    drive? I know I see all the the different card readers in MY COMPUTER..

    jlcarriere, Feb 2, 2005
  7. jlcarriere

    DigiSign Guest

    Can't see none of them! When I tried to instal drivers for CBox my system
    says that it's an XP system wich needs no other drivers for card reader?!

    DigiSign, Feb 2, 2005
  8. jlcarriere

    jlcarriere Guest

    My XP system said the same thing, however, I installed them anyway and it
    worked like a charm. Give it a shot. It will be worth it if it to get your
    card readers to work.

    I did notice that the card readers use one of the USB headers as the way to
    move data from the card reader. I think the confusion comes from XP doesn't
    need the driver to activate the USB header, but does need the other drivers
    for all the different card readers.

    My card readers shows up in XP as removeable drives with a red dot next to
    the drive. Also gives the different type of reader SD, SM, ect.

    Let me know if it works

    Jeff

    jlcarriere, Feb 3, 2005
  9. jlcarriere

    DigiSign Guest

    Hello again!

    Tried via "Add new hardware" - system found nothing!
    Started "Setup" from CBox3_v1.8b, got Disk monitor installed wich through
    "Force refresh" showed nothing new!
    Can you please describe how you succeede to install yours?

    DigiSign, Feb 3, 2005
  10. jlcarriere

    jlcarriere Guest

    Try uninstalling the Cbox stuff and reinstalling everything. Here is
    another shot in the dark, switch your USB cable leads on the Cbox. Just by
    chance it could be possible that one of the USB headers isn't active or just
    not working.

    Another approach, unplug the USB cables from Cbox or Motherboard which ever
    is easier for you. Then turn on the computer. Shut down the computer.
    reconnect leads and see if it finds new hardware. Try to install the Cbox
    drivers again. Hopefully it will pick it up!

    Test, both your USB headers using a USB device of any sort and make sure the
    USB ports are working. Once you have checked the first USB header, switch
    the leads and test the other USB header.

    Let me know if you have any success.

    jlcarriere, Feb 8, 2005
  11. jlcarriere

    ACHILLES Guest

    HELLO I'M HAVING TROUBLE WITH MY HANDIGATOR AS WELL...NOW I'VE READ
    SOME OF U GUYS SUGGESTIONS.I WENT INTO THE BIOS AND ENABLED THE WOL
    UNINSTALLED AND REINSTALLED THE DRIVERS..I EVEN WENT AS FAR AS
    GETTING A NEW CBOX FROM CHAINTECH AND STILL NO LUCK....PLZ
    HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

    ACHILLES, Apr 9, 2005
  12. jlcarriere

    Ginchy Guest

    did you connect the WOL lead onto the cbox

    you MUST do this!

    Ginchy, Apr 9, 2005
  13. jlcarriere

    ACHILLES Guest

    YES I CONNECTED THE WOL LEAD INTO THE CBOX AND SINCE I PUT THE NEW
    CBOX I JUS GOT THE REMOTE WILL TURN THE COMPUTER ON BUT WONT DO
    ANYTHING ELSE.... :?

    ACHILLES, Apr 10, 2005
  14. jlcarriere

    DigiSign Guest

    Same problem that I have for months - Still no solution!!
    Years ago I had an ASUS P2BF MoBo with 2 USB connectors on the back but only
    one was capable to deliver power for connected devices at the same time wich
    was, as you can guess, specified nowhere. Is it possible it's the same
    problem here (if you connect USB's on the rear bracket and those on the
    CBox, there's not enough power to drive 'em all?)

    Davor

    DigiSign, Apr 10, 2005
  15. jlcarriere

    Ginchy Guest

    I have both my rear usb`s and front usbs connected and I have no problem.
    Except that my Hamdigator will not power on my pc but all other features
    work. My power supply is not outputting enough power in standby to achieve
    this apparently!

    Its just a gimmick anyway........... its not much use for anything and I
    never use it!

    Ginchy, Apr 10, 2005
  16. jlcarriere

    ACHILLES Guest

    WELL I HVE A TOTAL 8 USB HUBS AND 4 FIREWIRE HUBS AND ALL WORKS
    PROPERLY AS A MATTER FACT ONLY ONE OF THE USB HUBS IS BEING USED AND
    ITS NOT IN THE BACK NOR THE FRONT OF MY COMPUTER OR CBOX AND ITS NOT
    EVEN A USB 2.0 DEVICE THAT'S USING IT WHICH IS MY PRINTER....SO I
    GUESS I SHOULD GIVE ON THIS HANDIGATOR THINGY.

    ACHILLES, Apr 11, 2005
  17. jlcarriere

    ACHILLES Guest

    ALSO I HVE A 500W POWER SUPPLY RUNNING MY COMPUTER SO I DONT THINK
    IT'S A POWER ISSUE

    ACHILLES, Apr 11, 2005
  18. jlcarriere

    Ginchy Guest

    Could you stop posting in capitals

    Its regarded as "shouting" on Newsgroup posts!

    I assume you are new to all this!

    Give chaintech support an email and they may be able to help....they have
    certainly helped me in the past!

    Ginchy, Apr 11, 2005