    download .bio file for this motherboard.

    Many thanks

    Naren
    Naren, Jan 1, 2010

  2. Appears to be part of bios updates at:

    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng

    AQ

    On Fri, 1 Jan 2010 00:16:32 -0800 (PST), Naren <> wrote:

    >Hello
    >
    >I have D845GLAD motherboard having no display. I need bios recovery
    >file (.BIO) for this. Can anyone let me know from where i can
    >download .bio file for this motherboard.
    >
    >Many thanks
    >
    >Naren

    "The monkey and the baboon was playing 7-up.
    The monkey won the money but he scared to pick it up.
    The monkey stumbled, mama.
    The baboon fell.
    The monkey grab the money and he run like hell!"
    - from "Dirty Motherfuyer", Roosevelt Sykes, around 1935
    Alphonse Q Muthafuyer, Jan 1, 2010

  3. Naren

    Naren Guest

    Re: D845GLAD motherboard bios recovery file

    Thanks AQ

    BUT i need recovery bios file which have .BIO extention. Intel link
    has update files.

    Regards

    Naren

    Naren, Jan 3, 2010
  4. Naren

    Bob Bailin Guest

    Re: D845GLAD motherboard bios recovery file

    The BIO file you need is buried in the BIOS update program
    used to make a bootable BIOS update floppy. What complicates
    things is that the floppy update method now uses a ramdisk,
    so the update files are no longer in the root directory of
    the floppy, but are buried in SW.EXE, to be extracted only
    when the update is run.

    Go to the BIOS update for your board using the link below.

    Choose Desktop Boards. Click on the button for Discontinued Products.

    Select your board from the 845 series list. Select BIOS.
    Create a file on your desktop called BIOS
    From the latest BIOS (P17) download the Iflash (floppy) method to
    the Desktop\BIOS folder.

    Run the ...IB.exe file you just downloaded. Allow it to extract files to
    the BIOS folder. Run the SW.EXE file now in the BIOS folder.
    Allow it to extract files and overwrite any existing files.

    Format a blank floppy and copy the P17-0043.BIO file to it.

    Remove the Recovery BIOS jumper. See
    http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d845glad/sb/cs-008715.htm
    for details.

    Insert the floppy, power up the system. There will be no video.
    Allow it to run for up to 5 minutes. It will beep during the update process.
    When it's done, remember to put back the BIOS jumper.

    This should work, but if it doesn't, try copying all the P17-0043.* files
    to the floppy, along with BIOS.REC and LOGODATA.USR
    and try again.

    Bob Bailin, Jan 3, 2010