    this thing is, or if there is a free phone number where I could check
    warranty and request an RMA?

    Mike

    Mr. Mike, Feb 10, 2004

  2. Mr. Mike

    LaManchaDQ Guest

    Mr. Mike Here you go - warranty on this board and how to get warranty
    service

    Limited Warranty for Intel® Desktop Board and

    Intel® Workstation Board Boxed Products

    Intel warrants that the Products (defined herein as the Intel® Desktop and
    Workstation Boards and all of their various

    components but excluding stand-alone semiconductor component products
    (including but not limited to processors and

    chipsets) and software delivered with or as part of the Products) to be
    delivered hereunder, if properly used and installed,

    will be free from defects in material and workmanship and will substantially
    conform to Intel's publicly available

    specifications for a period of three (3) years after the date the Product
    was purchased from an Intel authorized distributor.

    This limited warranty applies only when Product is evaluated with an Intel
    microprocessor. SOFTWARE OF ANY KIND

    DELIVERED WITH OR AS PART OF PRODUCTS IS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED "AS IS" UNLESS
    SPECIFICALLY

    PROVIDED FOR OTHERWISE IN ANY SOFTWARE LICENSE ACCOMPANYING THE SOFTWARE.

    If any Product furnished by Intel which is the subject of this Limited
    Warranty fails during the warranty period for reasons

    covered by this Limited Warranty, Intel, at its option, will:

    .. REPAIR the Product by means of hardware and/or software; OR

    .. REPLACE the Product with another Product, OR, if Intel is unable to repair
    or replace the Product,

    .. REFUND the then-current value of the Product.

    If such Product is defective, transportation charges for the return of
    Product to Buyer within the USA will be paid by Intel.

    For all other locations, the warranty excludes all costs of shipping,
    customs clearance and other related charges. Intel

    will have a reasonable time to make repairs or to replace Product or to
    refund the then-current value of the Product.

    IN NO EVENT WILL INTEL BE LIABLE FOR ANY OTHER COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH THE
    REPLACEMENT OR

    REPAIR OF PRODUCT, INCLUDING LABOR, INSTALLATION OR OTHER COSTS INCURRED BY
    BUYER, AND IN

    PARTICULAR, ANY COSTS RELATING TO THE REMOVAL OR REPLACEMENT OF ANY PRODUCT
    SOLDERED OR

    OTHERWISE PERMANENTLY AFFIXED TO ANY PRINTED CIRCUIT BOARD.

    THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES THAT MAY EXIST UNDER STATE
    LAW, APPLY

    ONLY TO THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER OF THE PRODUCT.

    Extent of Limited Warranty

    Intel does not warrant that Products to be delivered hereunder, whether
    delivered stand-alone or integrated with other

    Products, including without limitation semi-conductor components, will be
    free from design defects or errors known as

    "errata." Current characterized errata are available upon request.

    This limited warranty does not cover damages due to external causes,
    including accident, problems with electrical power,

    usage not in accordance with product instructions, misuse, neglect,
    alteration, repair, improper installation, or improper

    testing.

    WARRANTY LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS

    THESE WARRANTIES REPLACE ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED
    INCLUDING, BUT

    NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A
    PARTICULAR

    PURPOSE. INTEL MAKES NO EXPRESSED WARRANTIES BEYOND THOSE STATED HERE. INTEL

    DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED INCLUDING, WITHOUT
    LIMITATION,

    IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
    SOME

    JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO THIS
    LIMITATION MAY

    NOT APPLY.

    ALL EXPRESSED AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE LIMITED
    WARRANTY

    PERIOD. NO WARRANTIES APPLY AFTER THAT PERIOD. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT
    ALLOW

    LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THIS LIMITATION MAY
    NOT APPLY

    TO YOU.

    Copyright ? Intel Corporation, 2000. Part Number: 681830-002

    How to Obtain Warranty Service

    To obtain warranty service for this Product, you may contact Intel or your
    authorized distributor.

    In North America: To request warranty service from Intel, call Intel at
    1-800-628-8686 during the warranty period during

    normal business hours (Pacific Time), excluding holidays. Please be prepared
    to provide: (1) your name, address, and

    telephone numbers; (2) model name and serial number of the Product; (3) an
    explanation of the problem. [Note: The

    Customer Service Representative may need additional information from you
    depending on the nature of the problem.]

    In Europe, Asia, or South America: Contact your original authorized
    distributor for warranty service.

    Any replacement Product is warranted under this written warranty and is
    subject to the same limitations and exclusions

    for the remainder of the original warranty period.

    LaManchaDQ, Feb 13, 2004

  3. Mr. Mike

    LaManchaDQ Guest

    "Mr. Mike" <> wrote in message
    > My P4 board is dead. I don't have the docs or CD anymore. The intel
    > website says the CD contains warranty info. It also has a
    > pay-per-incident phone number. Does anyone know what the warranty on
    > this thing is, or if there is a free phone number where I could check
    > warranty and request an RMA?
    >
    > Mike

    Here is the warranty text on your board and the contact information for
    warranty work.

[...]
    LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
    INTEL'S RESPONSIBILITY UNDER THIS, OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY, IMPLIED OR
    EXPRESSED, IS
    LIMITED TO REPAIR, REPLACEMENT OR REFUND, AS SET FORTH ABOVE. THESE REMEDIES
    ARE THE
    SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES FOR ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY. INTEL IS NOT
    RESPONSIBLE
    FOR DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY
    BREACH
    OF WARRANTY UNDER ANOTHER LEGAL THEORY INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST
    PROFITS,
    DOWNTIME, GOODWILL, DAMAGE TO OR REPLACEMENT OF EQUIPMENT AND PROPERTY, AND
    ANY
    COSTS OF RECOVERING, REPROGRAMMING, OR REPRODUCING ANY PROGRAM OR DATA
    STORED IN
    OR USED WITH A SYSTEM CONTAINING THIS PRODUCT. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT
    ALLOW THE
    EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE
    LIMITATIONS
    OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
    THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE
    OTHER RIGHTS
    THAT VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
    ANY AND ALL DISPUTES ARISING UNDER OR RELATED TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL
    BE ADJUDICATED
    IN THE FOLLOWING FORUMS AND GOVERNED BY THE FOLLOWING LAWS: FOR THE UNITED
    STATES
    OF AMERICA, CANADA, NORTH AMERICA AND SOUTH AMERICA, THE FORUM SHALL BE
    SANTA CLARA,
    CALIFORNIA, USA AND THE APPLICABLE LAW SHALL BE THAT OF THE STATE OF
    CALIFORNIA, USA; FOR
    THE ASIA PACIFIC REGION, THE FORUM SHALL BE SINGAPORE AND THE APPLICABLE LAW
    SHALL BE THAT
    OF SINGAPORE; FOR EUROPE AND THE REST OF THE WORLD, THE FORUM SHALL BE
    LONDON AND THE
    APPLICABLE LAW SHALL BE THAT OF THE UNITED KINGDOM.
    IN THE EVENT OF ANY CONFLICT BETWEEN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE VERSION AND ANY
    OTHER TRANSLATED
    VERSION(S) OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE VERSION SHALL
    CONTROL.

    LaManchaDQ, Feb 14, 2004