DDR333 running at 266?

Discussion in 'AOpen' started by TMTupper, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. TMTupper

    TMTupper Guest

    My aopen board has a P4 2.0g, 400fsb cpu, does the ddr ram run at 333 or 266
    because of the cpu at 400fsb?

    Thanks

    1. Advertising

  2. c

    c Guest

    "TMTupper" <> wrote in message
    > My aopen board has a P4 2.0g, 400fsb cpu, does the ddr ram run at 333 or

    266
    > because of the cpu at 400fsb?
    >
    > Thanks

    It depends on what board you have, what speed your memory is and what the
    BIOS settings are for the memory speed.

    Chris

    1. Advertising

  3. TMTupper

    TMTupper Guest

    The board is a AX45n-533 made by Aopen, the ram is Samsung, DDR333, speed
    for ram is set to AUTO.

    CPU is a P4 2.0g 512k cache, 400mhz FSB

    "c" <> wrote in message

    > "TMTupper" <> wrote in message
    > > My aopen board has a P4 2.0g, 400fsb cpu, does the ddr ram run at 333 or

    > 266
    > > because of the cpu at 400fsb?
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >

    > It depends on what board you have, what speed your memory is and what the
    > BIOS settings are for the memory speed.
    >
    > Chris

  4. TMTupper

    TMTupper Guest

    I have done the latest BIOS, what I see in the CMOS is a setting 3:4 3:5,
    DRam setting, does that make sense?
    "c" <> wrote in message
    > I have had a few boards do the same thing. You can try manually setting

    the
    > memory to 333mhz in the BIOS. If it doesn't boot after you change it,

    you'll
    > have to use the clear CMOS jumper to reset the BIOS. I have had a few
    > boards that wouldn't run the memory at the speed it was designed for.

    Could
    > either be a memory or a board issue. This is especially true with DDR400
    > because when the memory companies started making DDR400, there was not a

    set
    > of manufacturing standards established yet. If you don't have the latest
    > BIOS flashed, you can try that too. Sometimes the BIOS updates fix these
    > problems.
    >
    > HTH
    > Chris
    >

    > "TMTupper" <> wrote in message
    > > The board is a AX45n-533 made by Aopen, the ram is Samsung, DDR333,

    speed
    > > for ram is set to AUTO.
    > >
    > > CPU is a P4 2.0g 512k cache, 400mhz FSB
    > >

    > > "c" <> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > "TMTupper" <> wrote in message

    333
    > or
    > > > 266

  5. Dwood

    Dwood Guest

    I may be very wrong but dosen`t ddr run at 266max for 400fsb? and runs at
    333 for 533fsb? Technically its under utilised so the best chance to get max
    performance out of your memory is to set at 2 5 2 2 and hope for the best...

    "TMTupper" <> wrote in message
    > I have done the latest BIOS, what I see in the CMOS is a setting 3:4 3:5,
    > DRam setting, does that make sense?
    > "c" <> wrote in message
    > > I have had a few boards do the same thing. You can try manually setting

    > the
    > > memory to 333mhz in the BIOS. If it doesn't boot after you change it,

    > you'll
    > > have to use the clear CMOS jumper to reset the BIOS. I have had a few
    > > boards that wouldn't run the memory at the speed it was designed for.

    > Could
    > > either be a memory or a board issue. This is especially true with DDR400
    > > because when the memory companies started making DDR400, there was not a

    > set
    > > of manufacturing standards established yet. If you don't have the latest
    > > BIOS flashed, you can try that too. Sometimes the BIOS updates fix these
    > > problems.
    > >
    > > HTH
    > > Chris
    > >

    > > "TMTupper" <> wrote in message
    > > > The board is a AX45n-533 made by Aopen, the ram is Samsung, DDR333,

    > speed
    > > > for ram is set to AUTO.
    > > >
    > > > CPU is a P4 2.0g 512k cache, 400mhz FSB
    > > >

    > > > "c" <> wrote in message

    > 333
    > > or

  6. c

    c Guest

    Looks like you guys are right. I'm not real familiar with this board or
    chipset because most of the systems I build are Athlons, but here is a link
    to verify what you are saying. Looks like it is a chipset limitation.

    http://www.aopen.com/products/mb/table/comparision-Intel845.htm

    HTH
    Chris

    "TMTupper" <> wrote in message

    > Thats what I was thinking when I posted the first question, but I do not

    see

    > at
    > > > 333

  7. TMTupper

    TMTupper Guest

    When I see settings of 1:1, 3:4 and 3:5, which is the better ratio to
    choose?

    "c" <> wrote in message
    > Looks like you guys are right. I'm not real familiar with this board or
    > chipset because most of the systems I build are Athlons, but here is a

    link
    > to verify what you are saying. Looks like it is a chipset limitation.
    >
    > http://www.aopen.com/products/mb/table/comparision-Intel845.htm
    >
    > HTH
    > Chris
    >

    > "TMTupper" <> wrote in message
    > >

    > > Thats what I was thinking when I posted the first question, but I do not

    > see
    > > those ratios in the bios.
    > >

    > > "Dwood" <> wrote in message
    > > > I may be very wrong but dosen`t ddr run at 266max for 400fsb? and

    runs
    > at
    > > > 333 for 533fsb? Technically its under utilised so the best chance to

    get
    > > max
    > > > performance out of your memory is to set at 2 5 2 2 and hope for the

    > > best...
    > > >

    > > > "TMTupper" <> wrote in message

    3:4
    > > 3:5,

    > > setting

    > it,

    > few

    > for.

    > > DDR400

    > not

    > > latest

    > > these

    > DDR333,

    run
    > > at

  8. c

    c Guest

    http://english.aopen.com.tw/products/mb/table/comparision-SiS.htm

    Here is the link for the SiS chipsets. According to that however, your DDR
    should run at 333.

    Chris

    > > DDR333,

    > run
    > > > at

  9. Dwood

    Dwood Guest

    Fyi You may be looking at overclocking ratio between agp/pci dividers and
    the fsb ... i may be wrong again!

    > > DDR333,

    > run
    > > > at

  10. TMTupper

    TMTupper Guest

    I like these boards, but the setup info on them is not too clear,