(Debian) No Sound on ThinkPad T22

Discussion in 'IBM Thinkpad' started by Patrick, Jun 16, 2012.

  1. Patrick

    Patrick Guest

    I have installed 'Debian' on an 'IBM ThinkPad T22', all seems great (pretty
    fast for 256mem and 900MHZ CPU).

    However, there is no sound, there is a cross by the sound-icon, and when
    right-clicking the icon and clicking 'Preference', I get this error report;
    ____

    "The volume control did not find any elements and/or devices to control.
    This means either that you don't have the right GStreamer plugins installed,
    or that you don't have a sound card configured.

    You can remove the volume control from the panel by right-clicking the
    speaker icon on the panel and selecting "Remove From Panel" from the menu."
    _____

    This is the section from 'PCI32'-report about the Sound-card;

    Bus 0 (PCI), Device Number 5, Device Function 0
    Vendor 1013h Cirrus Logic
    Device 6003h CS 4614/22/24/30 [CrystalClear SoundFusion Audio Accelerator]
    Command 0002h (Memory Access)
    Status 0410h (Has Capabilities List, Slow Timing)
    Revision 01h, Header Type 00h, Bus Latency Timer 40h
    Minimum Bus Grant 04h, Maximum Bus Latency 18h
    Self test 00h (Self test not supported)
    PCI Class Multimedia, type Audio
    Subsystem ID 01531014h ThinkPad 600X/A20m
    Subsystem Vendor 1014h IBM
    Address 0 is a Memory Address (anywhere in 0-4Gb) : E8100000h
    Address 1 is a Memory Address (anywhere in 0-4Gb) : E8000000h
    System IRQ 11, INT# A
    New Capabilities List Present:
    Power Management Capability, Version 1.1
    Supports low power State D1
    Supports low power State D2
    Does not support PME# signalling
    Current Power State : D0 (Device operational, no power saving)
    _____

    I seem to have found a page at 'wiki.debian.org' that seems to be the
    requirement;
    http://wiki.debian.org/snd-cs46xx

    However, it dosn't seem to be written in *WIN*glish :)

    I don't know where to start, so will someone come round here and explain it
    (do it for me :) )!

    Patrick, Jun 16, 2012

  2. Patrick

    Patrick Guest

    Thanks for reading but please disregard OP.
    I have now installed XPHome, Win-update seems to have done a great job with
    it.

    Bye ! :)

    Patrick wrote:
    > I have installed 'Debian' on an 'IBM ThinkPad T22', all seems great

    <snipped>

    Patrick, Jun 19, 2012