    *before* saying to print something?

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Jun 2, 2012

  2. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    dorayme <> wrote:

    > Is there some general way to see a print queue to delete items
    > *before* saying to print something?

    OK, it's in sys prefs. Not exactly intuitive! I loaded more paper into
    printer, went to print a new doc and it said the printer was paused
    and offered to resume it or not resume it but add the new to the queue
    with no obvious way to look at the queue. I did not want it to start
    printing something left over from earlier days...

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Jun 2, 2012

  3. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    Matt Broughton <> wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > dorayme <> wrote:
    >
    > > In article <>,
    > > dorayme <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Is there some general way to see a print queue to delete items
    > > > *before* saying to print something?

    > > OK, it's in sys prefs. Not exactly intuitive! I loaded more paper into
    > > printer, went to print a new doc and it said the printer was paused
    > > and offered to resume it or not resume it but add the new to the queue
    > > with no obvious way to look at the queue. I did not want it to start
    > > printing something left over from earlier days...

    > The printer proxy is in ~/Library/Printers (the Library in your Home
    > folder). You can just double click on that to open the print queue
    > window. As the printer proxy is also an application, you can keep it in
    > the Dock.

    Good idea. I think it was in dock once and in a fury with so many
    messages and having to press so many things so many times to assure
    the printer to stop over-thinking so much and just print damn pages
    however, I got rid of everything to do with printer in the dock in a
    vain attempt to get its big fat mouth further away and not to talk so
    much. And then forgot this particular app. This app comes on now and
    then naturally but now it will be more at my command, so thanks.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Jun 2, 2012