    I have a Dell 1545 that was dropped. The DC power board got damaged so I ordered one to replace myself for $30 instead of the $500 dell wanted. I may have created another problem as the small black clip that holds the small ribbon cable for the power button board has come off and I cannot get it back in to hold the cable in place. Needless to say I cannot get the laptop to power up (althought the battery is now charged from replacing the power board so at least that part of my task was successful). How can I determine if my cable blunder is the problem? This connector is also integrated on the mobo so I'm assuming I would need to replace the motherboard if this cable issue is insolvable.
    Thanks in advance,
    Dave

    djadams, Jun 6, 2011

  2. djadams

    DJ_Fixalot

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2011
    Messages:
    7
    The little plastic ZIF connector just holds the cable in place securely. Usually if that gets broken its very hard to find a replacement, and I recommend using a piece of electrical tape or something similar. That has worked fine in the past for me but if its still not working you might end up having to replace the power button board.

    DJ_Fixalot, Jun 14, 2011