Dell 3000 spec - AGP / PCI-E ?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Colin Wilson, Jan 28, 2005.

  1. Colin Wilson

    Colin Wilson Guest

    Can anyone advise if this model has a seperate AGP or PCI-E slot please ?
    (I like to play FPS games like the original Half-Life on a regular basis)

    They`re cheap via the small business side of the UK site at the moment, I
    might be tempted to snap one up...

    FWIW my wife has a 2400 - is there much difference between models ?

    TIA

  2. David

    David Guest

    No pci/agp slots. Very similar to 2400...just a bit newer components.
    Dave

    1. Advertising

  3. David

    David Guest

    I meant pci-e video card slots.
    Dave

  4. Colin Wilson

    Colin Wilson Guest

    > I meant pci-e video card slots.

    No worries - thanks for the reply...

    I suppose the next question is, I know onboard gfx has the reputation of
    being a dog, but how does intel extreme2 fare on older opengl games ?

    For reference, i`m on a Geforce3 Ti200 at the moment

  5. Very poorly - your current video card will blow it away performance wise.

    If any gaming at all is in the cards, you DO NOT want a 3000 system -
    the low to mid-range cards now available can barely keep pace with many
    games. In a few months, the games will have blown them by, and you'll
    have no upgrade option at all but a new system.

    The 3000 is fine for office work, browsing the Internet, etc. It is NOT
    designed for any kind of gaming.