    ken
    --
    (To reply via email, please remove "ECM" - thanks)
    Ken Spencer, Mar 5, 2005

    Computer Head, Mar 5, 2005

  3. Visit Dells web site

    Solution

    To disable Keyboard Click, perform the following:

    Press [FN] + [F1] to enter the Setup program.
    Press [ALT] + [P] (both at the same time) to go to the second page.
    Highlight Keyboard Click: and press the [Right arrow] key (->) to set
    it to Disabled.
    Press [ESC] to exit the Setup program.
    Now the keyboard will not emit a beep tone when you type.

    This will work on inspirion systems, if this doesn't work. Follow this
    link to dells web site
    http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?cat=all&s=gen&c=us&l=en&cs=&k=keyboard beeps
    Computer Head, Mar 5, 2005
  4. Ken Spencer

    Ken Spencer Guest

    > To disable Keyboard Click, perform the following:
    >
    > Press [FN] + [F1] to enter the Setup program.
    > Press [ALT] + [P] (both at the same time) to go to the second page.
    > Highlight Keyboard Click: and press the [Right arrow] key (->) to set
    > it to Disabled.
    > Press [ESC] to exit the Setup program.
    > Now the keyboard will not emit a beep tone when you type.

    Wow! It worked! I never would have thought to look there! Many
    thanks for the tip. I can't imagine how the beeps got turned on...
    I recedntly had the hard disk fail, so replaced it, and reinstalled the
    system and all my apps. Don't know why that would turn on the beeps,
    though.

    Thanks again... It was driving me nuts!

    Best,

    Ken