    ferg

    remove nospam to reply

    --

    ferg, Jul 5, 2005

  2. ferg

    Tom Scales Guest

    ferg,

    I don't know the 9700, but the 9800 does support it. The big question --
    how many monitor connectors are there? If there are two, you're set. If
    one, you're not.

    I'd download the latest drivers from ATI.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Jul 5, 2005

  3. ferg

    Tom Scales Guest

    No that I read that, are you sure it is not a 9800tx? I don't remember a TX
    version of the 9700. If it is the 9800, then yes, it does.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Jul 5, 2005
  4. ferg

    Nick Guest

    On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 10:48:59 +0100, in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell, "ferg"
    <> wrote:

    >I have dell 4550 system with ati 9700tx card,i would like to set this up for
    >twin display,i think my card may support twin display but im not sure what
    >i need and if i need to download any latest drivers to support this,any
    >help most welcome,im going to try and connect to a projector for main video
    >display while a second monitor can organise the format/content to be
    >projected

    The ATI 9700 Pro supports two displays (that's what I had in my old
    computer), but I don't know about the tx version.

    Might take a look on ATI's web site and see what you can find there:
    <http://www.ati.com/>.

    --
    Nick <mailto:>

    Nick, Jul 5, 2005
  5. ferg

    ferg Guest

    >> The ATI 9700 Pro supports two displays (that's what I had in my old

    > computer), but I don't know about the tx version.
    >
    > Might take a look on ATI's web site and see what you can find there:
    > <http://www.ati.com/>.
    >
    > --
    > Nick <mailto:>

    its a 128 DDR ATI Radeon 9700 TX ,no info on dell or ATI website,im nearly
    sure it has TVout
    shows up in control panel as Radeon 9500 pro/9700 although on dell invoice
    it says Radeon 9700TX
    i guess i need to buy some sort of adaptor to get hooked up to 2 displays

    ferg

    remove nospam to reply

    ferg, Jul 5, 2005