    because an " the call centre is only open 8-8 weekdays and 9-6
    Saturdays". Er, Indian time I suppose.

    Grrrr....

    tolgan, Jan 15, 2011

  2. tolgan

    BillW50 Guest

    In news:,
    tolgan typed on Sat, 15 Jan 2011 15:12:26 +0000:
    > Bought an extended service warranty for my laptop, which has since
    > developed disk errors. Don't know why I bothered...
    >
    > 1. Dell website refuses to turn on warranty-related features (such as
    > chat with the engineers) presumably because it doesn't know about
    > extended warranties.
    >
    > 2. I log a fault, 2 weeks later I have a case number but no further
    > contact.
    >
    > 3. I call the 0844 number at 2 pm on a Saturday. It doesn't work
    > because an " the call centre is only open 8-8 weekdays and 9-6
    > Saturdays". Er, Indian time I suppose.
    >
    > Grrrr....

    Well I don't think it is just Dell. As now it is a totally different
    world than it once was. And manufactures cut corners as much as they can
    to maximize stockholders profits. Thus all of the people who knew what
    they were doing are all gone and replaced by low paid monkeys. <sigh>

    --
    Bill
    Gateway M465e ('06 era) - Centrino Duo 1.83G - 2GB - Windows XP SP3

    BillW50, Jan 15, 2011

  3. tolgan

    Bert Hyman Guest

    In news:igsein$c72$-september.org "BillW50"
    <> wrote:

    > And manufactures cut corners as much as they can
    > to maximize stockholders profits.

    How's that going to work out for them when nobody will buy their
    products?

    But, Dell's had a reputation for lousy after-sale service for years, yet
    people continue to buy their stuff, so maybe their scheme does pay off.

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

    Bert Hyman, Jan 15, 2011
  4. tolgan

    BillW50 Guest

    In news:Xns9E6E64B93A1E4VeebleFetzer@216.250.188.141,
    Bert Hyman typed on 15 Jan 2011 15:54:05 GMT:
    > In news:igsein$c72$-september.org "BillW50"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> And manufactures cut corners as much as they can
    >> to maximize stockholders profits.

    > How's that going to work out for them when nobody will buy their
    > products?
    >
    > But, Dell's had a reputation for lousy after-sale service for years,
    > yet people continue to buy their stuff, so maybe their scheme does
    > pay off.

    Yeah well I don't think the people in charge really cares if the
    practice actually destroys the business or not. Because they don't plan
    being there very long anyway. They just rake in all of those big bonuses
    because they saved the company millions of dollars. Then they just move
    on to another business to ruin and rob. I've seen it over and over
    again. <sigh>

    BillW50, Jan 15, 2011
  5. tolgan

    Linea Recta Guest

    "BillW50" <> schreef in bericht
    > In news:Xns9E6E64B93A1E4VeebleFetzer@216.250.188.141,
    > Bert Hyman typed on 15 Jan 2011 15:54:05 GMT:
    >> In news:igsein$c72$-september.org "BillW50"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> And manufactures cut corners as much as they can
    >>> to maximize stockholders profits.

    >> How's that going to work out for them when nobody will buy their
    >> products?
    >>
    >> But, Dell's had a reputation for lousy after-sale service for years,
    >> yet people continue to buy their stuff, so maybe their scheme does
    >> pay off.

    > Yeah well I don't think the people in charge really cares if the practice
    > actually destroys the business or not. Because they don't plan being there
    > very long anyway. They just rake in all of those big bonuses because they
    > saved the company millions of dollars. Then they just move on to another
    > business to ruin and rob. I've seen it over and over again. <sigh>

    I see you know how capitalism works! :)

    --
    regards,

    |\ /|
    | \/ |@rk
    \../
    \/os

    Linea Recta, Jan 15, 2011
  6. tolgan

    BillW50 Guest

    In news:4d31cfb7$0$81479$4all.nl,
    Linea Recta typed on Sat, 15 Jan 2011 17:47:49 +0100:
    > "BillW50" <> schreef in bericht
    >> In news:Xns9E6E64B93A1E4VeebleFetzer@216.250.188.141,
    >> Bert Hyman typed on 15 Jan 2011 15:54:05 GMT:

    >>> How's that going to work out for them when nobody will buy their
    >>> products?
    >>>
    >>> But, Dell's had a reputation for lousy after-sale service for years,
    >>> yet people continue to buy their stuff, so maybe their scheme does
    >>> pay off.

    >> Yeah well I don't think the people in charge really cares if the
    >> practice actually destroys the business or not. Because they don't
    >> plan being there very long anyway. They just rake in all of those
    >> big bonuses because they saved the company millions of dollars. Then
    >> they just move on to another business to ruin and rob. I've seen it
    >> over and over again. <sigh>

    > I see you know how capitalism works! :)

    Actually it works well when they share the wealth with all of those who
    made it possible. But they don't want to do that nowadays since the
    stockholders and those big bonuses for executives get much smaller.

    BillW50, Jan 15, 2011
  7. tolgan

    Adrian C Guest

    On 15/01/2011 15:12, tolgan wrote:
    > Bought an extended service warranty for my laptop, which has since
    > developed disk errors. Don't know why I bothered...
    >
    > 1. Dell website refuses to turn on warranty-related features (such as
    > chat with the engineers) presumably because it doesn't know about
    > extended warranties.
    >
    > 2. I log a fault, 2 weeks later I have a case number but no further
    > contact.
    >
    > 3. I call the 0844 number at 2 pm on a Saturday. It doesn't work
    > because an " the call centre is only open 8-8 weekdays and 9-6
    > Saturdays". Er, Indian time I suppose.

    I visited a friend yesterday who was at her 'wits end' due to the loss
    of her home telephone service. She had decided that to communicate this
    problem to the company concerned, she would write a letter every day and
    put it in the post addressed to the faults department.

    Well, I arrived. First made sure it wasn't anything to do with her own
    equipment. Nope dead line.

    I dug out my mobile phone. Spoke to an efficient human being at the
    company using my decent chatty voice and got a proper response on how
    going forward the fault would be fixed, what timescales, what
    communication would be forthcoming, yada yada yada. They were very
    apologetic on the issue and I've no doubt the matter will be soon resolved.

    My friend had rung previously and just bawled her head off at what she
    obviously thought were faceless non-entities with a mission to make her
    miserable. Which is probably why her support call went nowhere, and why
    she was progressing to a pointless plan of spamming them with angry
    letters - something which tends to be very common from (I should say
    without intended ageism) mostly elderly people.

    FWIW I've spoken to Dell Indian support before and have been entirely
    satisfied with their service for warranty issues.

    Try speaking to people like people, they are not machines.

    --
    Adrian C (in the UK)

    Adrian C, Jan 27, 2011
  8. responding to
    http://www.1-script.com/forums/Dell-are-useless-article53474--25.htm
    Eaglewarrior85 wrote:

    I agree the same story I hear from a friend
    I think they used to be the best but the service is getting worse

    Eaglewarrior85, Feb 1, 2011