dell c810 power mgmt prob - batt to ac prob

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Felicia Sutherland, May 24, 2008.

  1. I have a Dell Latitude C810 & with both the batt & ac connected works well.
    when I unplugg my ac it immediately goes to batt power w/o shutting down,
    but when the batt indicates its getting low I plug the AC back in and the
    icon on the bottom will not switch back to AC power and eventually when the
    batt goes dead the computer shuts down. I thne reboot and its all ok under
    AC power in the lower right screen area. Why can I go from ac to batt w/o
    shutting down but not from Batt to AC? I am using Windows XP and hv 512MB
    sdram.

    Do I need a new patch or what?