Dell D600 does not turn on properly with wifi (builtin mini PCI) card installed

Discussion in 'Dell' started by vbDavidC, Feb 23, 2011.

  1. vbDavidC

    vbDavidC Guest

    Hello,

    My computer started having a problem a couple of months ago where when
    I would turn on the computer. The monitor would not power up, the
    Dell screen would not come up. The power LED would light up and I
    believe the hard disk light also would light up and sometimes the
    lights on over by the volume buttons would blink.

    When I removed the wifi card I had no problem. Over the last couple of
    weeks I have been using a USB wifi and have not had any problems. I
    have tried 3 different wifi cards and the same thing happens. I
    thought I resolve but when the machine would power up with the WiFi
    the computer would lock up while in Windows after several minutes.
    After I removed the wifi no problems whatsoever. The wifi cards work
    in other D600s.

    I have 4 D600s. Mine which has the problem. I bought one off of Ebay
    and the same exact thing happens. I have 2 other D600s that have no
    prolbem whatsoever.

    vbDavidC, Feb 23, 2011

  2. vbDavidC

    Bob Villa Guest

    Re: Dell D600 does not turn on properly with wifi (builtin mini PCI)card installed

    On Feb 23, 2:30 am, vbDavidC <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > My computer started having a problem a couple of months ago where when
    > I would turn on the computer.  The monitor would not power up, the
    > Dell screen would not come up.  The power LED would light up and I
    > believe the hard disk light also would light up and sometimes the
    > lights on over by the volume buttons would blink.
    >
    > When I removed the wifi card I had no problem. Over the last couple of
    > weeks I have been using a USB wifi and have not had any problems.   I
    > have tried 3 different wifi cards and the same thing happens.  I
    > thought I resolve but when the machine would power up with the WiFi
    > the computer would lock up while in Windows after several minutes.
    > After I removed the wifi no problems whatsoever.  The wifi cards work
    > in other D600s.
    >
    > I have 4 D600s.  Mine which has the problem.  I bought one off of Ebay
    > and the same exact thing happens.  I have 2 other D600s that have no
    > prolbem whatsoever.

    Wild guess...check the BIOS as far as PCI. Check one the works and
    compare.

    Bob Villa, Feb 23, 2011

  3. vbDavidC

    vbDavidC Guest

    On Feb 23, 7:09 am, Bob Villa <> wrote:
    > On Feb 23, 2:30 am, vbDavidC <> wrote:
    >

    > > Hello,

    > > My computer started having a problem a couple of months ago where when
    > > I would turn on the computer.  The monitor would not power up, the
    > > Dell screen would not come up.  The power LED would light up and I
    > > believe the hard disk light also would light up and sometimes the
    > > lights on over by the volume buttons would blink.

    > > When I removed the wifi card I had no problem. Over the last couple of
    > > weeks I have been using a USB wifi and have not had any problems.   I
    > > have tried 3 different wifi cards and the same thing happens.  I
    > > thought I resolve but when the machine would power up with the WiFi
    > > the computer would lock up while in Windows after several minutes.
    > > After I removed the wifi no problems whatsoever.  The wifi cards work
    > > in other D600s.

    > > I have 4 D600s.  Mine which has the problem.  I bought one off of Ebay
    > > and the same exact thing happens.  I have 2 other D600s that have no
    > > prolbem whatsoever.

    > Wild guess...check the BIOS as far as PCI. Check one the works and
    > compare.

    Checked that. No setting for that. Thanks.

    vbDavidC, Feb 24, 2011