Dell Dimension C521 Does Not Start

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Riad Tullah, May 1, 2011.

  1. Riad Tullah

    Riad Tullah

    Joined:
    May 1, 2011
    Location:
    Trinidad
    Good Day All,

    I am trying to get a Dell Dimension C521 up and running.

    The System has an AM2 CPU and 2 Gb of RAM.

    The user was experiencing numerous power outages over a period of time and my initial review pointed to a power supply issue. I removed the PS and tested it and it was in fact faulty. However, I have since replaced it with a new power supply but there is still no response.

    When the system is plugged into a power outlet, and the power button is pressed, there is a click and the LED for the power button is amber for a very short time. There is no Hard Drive activity, no other activity on the system.

    Any suggestions on a course of action to resolve this issue??

    Many thanks in advance.

    Riad

    Riad Tullah, May 1, 2011