    lexmark 1150
    dell 922

    TIA

    SNOAD, Apr 17, 2007

  2. SNOAD

    Journey Guest

    On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 10:55:24 -0500, SNOAD <> wrote:

    >Is there a way to check if ink cartridges are interchangable?
    >
    >lexmark 1150
    >dell 922
    >
    >TIA

    I know this is not what you're asking, but since you are asking I want
    to point out that Staples sells Dell compatible ink cartridges so you
    may want to check pricing there.

    Journey, Apr 17, 2007

  3. I do not know about those two specific cartridges.
    But in the past the Dell and Lexmark carts were interchangeable with a
    small modification.
    Two choices for modification:
    1. Swap the top of the two cartridges.
    2. in the printer, break of the small tab that prevents the cartridge
    cover from closing with the other cart is installed.

    Electrically, ink etc they are identical except for top and color.
    Easier for manufacturing and easier to coerce customers to buy
    directly from Dell.

    If there is one of those companies near that refills cartridges while
    you wait, ask them, they usually know exactly which are compatible.

    --
    Jupiter Jones
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    Jupiter Jones, Apr 18, 2007