    expected. Therefore what is the fastest way to figure what the
    missing drivers are? I know in time I'll figure it out but was
    hoping for a faster solution. Suggestions?
    RnR, Jan 17, 2012

  2. RnR

    RnR Guest

    On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 09:07:22 -0600, "RnR" <> wrote:

    >Got hold of my daughter's laptop. She had xp on it but it ran so
    >slow it wasn't worth trying to fix so I decided to install win 7 ult
    >32bit on it. It's running now with win 7 but in the device manager,
    >all is ok except for "Other Devices" and that lists three line items
    >within it described as "Base System Device". Dell's website won't
    >help since it only lists xp and vista drivers which is what I
    >expected. Therefore what is the fastest way to figure what the
    >missing drivers are? I know in time I'll figure it out but was
    >hoping for a faster solution. Suggestions?

    Guess I'll google it for the now. Thanks.
    RnR, Jan 17, 2012

  3. RnR

    BillW50 Guest

    In news:,
    RnR wrote:
    > On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 09:07:22 -0600, "RnR" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Got hold of my daughter's laptop. She had xp on it but it ran so
    >> slow it wasn't worth trying to fix so I decided to install win 7 ult
    >> 32bit on it. It's running now with win 7 but in the device manager,
    >> all is ok except for "Other Devices" and that lists three line items
    >> within it described as "Base System Device". Dell's website won't
    >> help since it only lists xp and vista drivers which is what I
    >> expected. Therefore what is the fastest way to figure what the
    >> missing drivers are? I know in time I'll figure it out but was
    >> hoping for a faster solution. Suggestions?

    > Guess I'll google it for the now. Thanks.

    Isn't Windows 7 drivers mostly compatible with Vista drivers? Kind of
    like most Windows 2000 and XP drivers are the same.

    --
    Bill
    BillW50, Jan 17, 2012
  4. RnR

    RnR Guest

    On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 09:27:13 -0600, "BillW50" <> wrote:

    >In news:,
    >RnR wrote:
    >> On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 09:07:22 -0600, "RnR" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Got hold of my daughter's laptop. She had xp on it but it ran so
    >>> slow it wasn't worth trying to fix so I decided to install win 7 ult
    >>> 32bit on it. It's running now with win 7 but in the device manager,
    >>> all is ok except for "Other Devices" and that lists three line items
    >>> within it described as "Base System Device". Dell's website won't
    >>> help since it only lists xp and vista drivers which is what I
    >>> expected. Therefore what is the fastest way to figure what the
    >>> missing drivers are? I know in time I'll figure it out but was
    >>> hoping for a faster solution. Suggestions?

    >> Guess I'll google it for the now. Thanks.

    >Isn't Windows 7 drivers mostly compatible with Vista drivers? Kind of
    >like most Windows 2000 and XP drivers are the same.

    I think I read most are. Just hate to install and have to uninstall
    them one at a time. Funny but right now, all seems to run okay but I
    haven't run the laptop too much. Looks good so far tho. I'm
    installing some software right now on it. Thanks Bill.
    RnR, Jan 17, 2012
  5. RnR

    Dave Guest

    On Jan 17, 10:39 am, "RnR" <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 09:27:13 -0600, "BillW50" <> wrote:
    > >Innews:,
    > >RnR wrote:

    > >> Guess I'll google it for the now.   Thanks.

    > >Isn't Windows 7 drivers mostly compatible with Vista drivers? Kind of
    > >like most Windows 2000 and XP drivers are the same.

    > I think I read most are.  Just hate to install and have to uninstall
    > them one at a time.   Funny but right now, all seems to run okay but I
    > haven't run the laptop too much.  Looks good so far tho.  I'm
    > installing some software right now on it.   Thanks Bill.

    I've seen this be the card reader device.
    Install the vista one and see.

    Dave
    Dave, Jan 17, 2012
  6. RnR

    dg1261 Guest

    Dave's right -- the card reader driver will usually take care of one or two
    of the yellow exclamation marks, and the Intel chipset driver might take
    care of the rest. Download/install the Vista drivers for both the Intel
    and Ricoh chipsets from the Dell website and see if that takes care of
    them.
    dg1261, Jan 18, 2012
  7. RnR

    RnR Guest

    On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 10:56:03 +0000 (UTC), dg1261
    <> wrote:

    >Dave's right -- the card reader driver will usually take care of one or two
    >of the yellow exclamation marks, and the Intel chipset driver might take
    >care of the rest. Download/install the Vista drivers for both the Intel
    >and Ricoh chipsets from the Dell website and see if that takes care of
    >them.

    Will try to if I find them and update this thread then. Thanks I
    hope.
    RnR, Jan 18, 2012