Dell Inspiron 546 USB power

Discussion in 'Dell' started by zartan24, Mar 10, 2011.

  1. zartan24

    zartan24 Guest

    I have a KVM switch plugged into one of the USB ports on the back of th
    box. The KVM does not have AC Power, it pulls power from USB port. Whe
    I power on the PC, the KVM switch does not work. Not lights on it. Whe
    I remove/reinsert the USB plug, then it lights up and works.

    Is there a way to adjust the power settings of my USB ports so they ar
    alway On and so then the KVM switch will work

    1. Advertising

  2. Steve W.

    Steve W. Guest

    zartan24 wrote:
    > I have a KVM switch plugged into one of the USB ports on the back of the
    > box. The KVM does not have AC Power, it pulls power from USB port. When
    > I power on the PC, the KVM switch does not work. Not lights on it. When
    > I remove/reinsert the USB plug, then it lights up and works.
    >
    > Is there a way to adjust the power settings of my USB ports so they are
    > alway On and so then the KVM switch will work?

    Nope.

    But you could probably stick a powered USB hub in the mix and solve your
    problem.

    Or buy a powered KVM switch. Or see if there is an option to add power
    to the existing one.

    --
    Steve W.