    I got a A920 free with a desktop - are there any other ink cartridges work
    with it?

    Scott
    Scott, Dec 16, 2003

  2. no. though it is similar to the lexmark x1150 the cartridges are slightly
    different. refill kits (ink that you squirt inside of your existing
    cartridges) that are made for the lexmark do work on these cartridges. the
    inconvience of ordering cartridges through the mail aside, they are cheaper
    than the lexmark equivlent.

    Christopher Muto, Dec 16, 2003

  3. "Scott" <> wrote:

    >I got a A920 free with a desktop - are there any other ink cartridges work
    >with it?

    No. The cartridges are proprietary to the Dell A920, and standard
    Lexmark/Lexmark clone cartridges won't fit.

    There's no such thing as free with an inkjet printer [or, albeit, to a
    lesser degree with a laser printer], since they are like safety
    razors. Just as Gillette, Shick, et al, make their real money from
    the sale of blades for your $5.99 Mach 3, the real money in printers
    is from sale of ink/toner cartridges. In this case, Lexmark
    cartridges are at the higher end of the range of cartridge prices, and
    Dell's proprietary cartridges cost more than true-blue Lexmark
    cartridges. At least the last time I looked.

    [Which I do, since I've owned a Lexmark since 2000, and can compare
    prices with my wife's HP.]
    --
    OJ III
    [Email sent to Yahoo addy is burned before reading.
    Ogden Johnson III, Dec 16, 2003
  4. every day prices on dell or lexmark branded cartridges below... this is
    what i recall when i last looked a couple of months ago. dell cartridges
    are a little cheaper, and when you add in shipping, a lot cheaper. i find
    that staples and other local stores are cost even more than buy.com plus
    buy.com shipping charges. refill kits work on these cartridges but they are
    not for everyone. the best thing to do is wait for dell promotions or
    coupons and then stock up.

    dell a920 cartridges form dell 'home and small office':
    3 pak black $69.99 free shipping, no tax collected (effectively $23.33 each)
    2 pak black $50.00 free shipping, no tax collected (effectively $25 each)
    2 pak color $56.00 free shipping, no tax collected (effectively $28 each)

    lexmark x1150 cartridges from buy.com:
    1 pak black $25.95 plus shipping, no tax collected
    1 pak color $28.26 plus shipping, no tax collected

    Christopher Muto, Dec 16, 2003