    he was told that Dell Tech Support was coming back to the United States. I
    find that hard to believe. Is there any truth to this? It would be great if
    true. Charles Ranheim

    cranheim, Feb 5, 2008

  2. cranheim

    Kevin Guest

    "cranheim" <> wrote in message
    news:pu5qj.3827$...
    >I was at a retirement breakfast this morning, and one of the retirees said
    >he was told that Dell Tech Support was coming back to the United States. I
    >find that hard to believe. Is there any truth to this? It would be great if
    >true. Charles Ranheim

    While some support services are still based in the U.S. and Canada, the
    majority of those services will undoubtedly continue to be outsourced. It
    just makes financial sense. Dell, and other PC makers, are saving tens of
    millions of dollars per year by outsourcing technical support. I don't see
    that changing.

    Kevin, Feb 5, 2008

  3. cranheim

    S.Lewis Guest

    "cranheim" <> wrote in message
    >I was at a retirement breakfast this morning, and one of the retirees said
    >he was told that Dell Tech Support was coming back to the United States. I
    >find that hard to believe. Is there any truth to this? It would be great if
    >true. Charles Ranheim

    While this is hardly conclusive, I would say that it doesn't appear to be a
    good indicator:

    http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/newstex/AFX-0013-22710532.htm

    S.Lewis, Feb 6, 2008
  4. cranheim

    cranheim Guest

    "S.Lewis" <> wrote in message

    > "cranheim" <> wrote in message
    >>I was at a retirement breakfast this morning, and one of the retirees said
    >>he was told that Dell Tech Support was coming back to the United States. I
    >>find that hard to believe. Is there any truth to this? It would be great
    >>if true. Charles Ranheim
    >>

    > While this is hardly conclusive, I would say that it doesn't appear to be
    > a good indicator:
    >
    > http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/newstex/AFX-0013-22710532.htm

    S.Lewis
    I certainly have to agree it does not look good for Dell support coming back
    to the U.S. If it did, I'm sure it would increase sales, but probably not
    enough to make a good profit with the higher cost of labor in this country.
    Charles Ranheim

    cranheim, Feb 6, 2008
  5. cranheim

    Guest Guest

    I call the other day and i got north america tech support, they inform me
    that they will do north america tech support for xps systems

    Guest, Feb 7, 2008
  6. cranheim

    S.Lewis Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I call the other day and i got north america tech support, they inform me
    >that they will do north america tech support for xps systems

    <snip>

    My only recent experience with XPS support was via chat, and it was
    definitely not domestic fwiw.......

    S.Lewis, Feb 7, 2008