    Thanks,

    Alec
    , Jan 10, 2005

  2. Ben Myers Guest

    Alec,

    You are absolutely right. I'm sure somebody could conjure up the attachment of
    a more generic CD-ROM drive from a notebook, but the most direct way to get a
    CD-ROM drive in the chassis is to acquire the Compaq part with cable.

    The newer Compaq small form factor (SFF) DeskPros use a standard half-height
    CD-ROM drive... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Jan 10, 2005

  3. Guest

    Ben Myers wrote:

    > Alec,
    >
    > You are absolutely right. I'm sure somebody could conjure up the attachment of
    > a more generic CD-ROM drive from a notebook, but the most direct way to get a
    > CD-ROM drive in the chassis is to acquire the Compaq part with cable.
    >
    > The newer Compaq small form factor (SFF) DeskPros use a standard half-height
    > CD-ROM drive... Ben Myers

    Thanks Ben, I'll keep an eye on eBay just in case.

    Regards,

    Alec
    , Jan 11, 2005
  4. Guest

    Ben Myers wrote:

    > Alec,
    >
    > You are absolutely right. I'm sure somebody could conjure up the attachment of
    > a more generic CD-ROM drive from a notebook, but the most direct way to get a
    > CD-ROM drive in the chassis is to acquire the Compaq part with cable.

    By a strange coincidence I've just located and won a drive and cable of
    eBay. Is it just a matter of plugging it in or are there any settings
    that need to be changed?

    Regards,

    Alec
    , Jan 12, 2005