    in french (the device cannot start (code 10).
    And I have the same for the integrated network card !!!
    The bios is 2.0

    zeppkorn, Jan 5, 2005

  2. zeppkorn

    Ed Guest

    On 5 Jan 2005 08:37:34 -0800, "zeppkorn" <> wrote:

    >I installed windows xp pro french on a chaintech 7njl6 motherboard with
    >a athlon xp 2900+ and I can't install any pci card or agp. My display
    >is great in 1024x768 but I don't see the graphic card (Hercules 3d
    >prophet 4500 agp) on the device manager list and any pci cards. When I
    >want to add another pci card like a Dlink network card dfe-538tx with
    >the drivers I have always the same result:
    >in french (the device cannot start (code 10).
    >And I have the same for the integrated network card !!!
    >The bios is 2.0

    Weird, the hardware wizard in control panel do anything?
    Ed
    --
    Here's what I found on Microsoft site about code 10, doesn't seem to be
    of much help......

    If the device has a FailReasonString value in its hardware key, that
    string appears as the error message. The driver or enumerator puts this
    registry string value there. If there is no FailReasonString in the
    hardware key, you receive the following error message:
    This device is either not present, not working properly, or does not
    have all the drivers installed. (Code 10)

    Try upgrading the device drivers for this device.

    Solution button: Update Driver
    To resolve this error code, make sure that the device is connected to
    the computer correctly. For example, make sure that all cables are
    plugged in and that all adapter cards are properly seated. Update the
    device driver as the Resolution button suggests. You may also be able to
    remove the device and redetect it by using the Add New Hardware wizard.

    Ed, Jan 6, 2005

  3. zeppkorn

    zeppkorn Guest

    Thank you for your help.
    But the problem came with sp2 of win xp.
    I installed all the patchs for windows update except the sp2 and all
    it's ok.
    If I install the sp2, I loose my network card device, my video card and
    all pci cards !!

    Just another computer that can't work with sp2 :)

    zeppkorn, Jan 7, 2005
  4. zeppkorn

    Guy Guest

    Thanks for sharing. I just built a new system around that board and chip
    (Tigerdirect?). I will strongly reconsider the SP2 installation I was about
    to undertake.

    OBTW, what does your system show for clock speed? Mine shows 1.3GHz in XP.
    Odd, because that 2900 should be running at over 2 GHz. I suspect that is
    an XP limitation...?

    v/r,

    Guy

    Guy, Jan 30, 2005
  5. zeppkorn

    Guy Guest

    Regarding the Athlon XP 2900, I found that the default setting on the 7NJL6
    board is 133MHz. This is why the system showed 1.3 GHz speed. After
    manually changing the setting to 200MHx, the processor runs at 1.99GHz.

    Guy

    Guy, Feb 4, 2005