DG32PRcore 2 duo desktop PC and XP pro

Discussion in 'Intel' started by GG, Jan 8, 2008.

  1. GG

    GG Guest

    (hope this is not off topic. hoping someone has the similar experience and
    found a solution.)

    Apparently I can't install XP pro the original without service pack
    integrated on the Intel DG31PR PC with dual Core 2 duo CPU.

    For the effort I get system crash before it comes up prompting for the hard
    drive.
    the message indicated possible problem with video card, insufficient hard
    disk,, need to disable cache and shadow ram, or upgrade BIOS.

    The PC have 500 GB Seagate drive already pre-partitioned: primary C: 13 GB.,
    d: 6GB

    is the large hard disk and 15GB partition a problem

    However XP Pro CD with SP integrated will work ( I borrowed something's OEM
    SP2 install disk. Of course that did not allow me to enter in my own non OEM
    Product key.

    Is there something I can tweak to install from my original XP Pro CD without
    SP?
    thank you
    GG, Jan 8, 2008

  2. GG

    GG Guest

    ended up slip stream the xp original cd to SP2 on another PC.

    GG, Feb 26, 2008