    bootable CD

    Please help.

    , Jan 4, 2009

  2. Bob Bailin Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I bought new dg45fc MB. Computer configuration:
    >
    > mb intel dg45fc
    > cpu e7200
    > memory kingston 2 gb
    > hdd hitachi sata hdp725050gla360
    > dvd sony-nec br-5100s
    >
    > I'm trying to install XP home edition on this computer
    >
    > In this configuration computer can not boot. F2 key (bios setup) is
    > not responding.
    >
    > I found out that if I plug out dvd drive I'm getting possibility to
    > enter bios setup (F2 responds) but this interesting fact aclually does
    > not help me I still cannot install the system since I have only
    > bootable CD
    >
    > Please help.

    Update your BIOS to the current version by going to downloadcenter.intel.com

    The current version is 0087 released 11/27/2008, and fixes a lot of odd
    behaviors that were in version 0077, which is probably the one you have
    if you just bought this mb.

    Download the BIOS ISO file and burn it to a CD on another computer.
    On your new system, disconnect everything except the DVD drive.
    Boot from the CD and allow it to update your BIOS. It may take several
    minutes to update (not just the usual 1/2 minute or so). Don't be tempted to
    hit the reset or power buttons.

    After you update the BIOS and reboot, hit F2 repeated until you get into
    BIOS setup. Load the BIOS default setup values and save the settings.

    Bob

    Bob Bailin, Jan 8, 2009