    a new 8400 on order, but would like to pass this T550 down the family.
    Any ideas on "Other Failure" ??????
    , Sep 21, 2004

  2. MP Guest

    wrote in message news:<>...
    > When I start my XPS T550, it stalls on the DELL logo screen and sits
    > there until I soft boot it, sometimes three times before it will
    > boot-up. The diagnostic lights on the back are green, green, green
    > and yellow, which according to the manual is "Other Failure". I have
    > a new 8400 on order, but would like to pass this T550 down the family.
    > Any ideas on "Other Failure" ??????

    Can't say for certain based on the lights but at this point in the
    boot process the PC is going through its POST. You may have a device
    that isn't initializing quickly enough a failing hard disk or even a
    cdrom can cause this type of problem. See if you can kill the dell
    logo during the POST you might be able to see which device its hanging
    on.
    MP, Oct 3, 2004