    HistoryFan Guest

    I have a Dell 2400. I just removed the Digital Line Detect program
    from my Start Up folder. Any drawbacks to doing this?

    HistoryFan, Nov 21, 2003

  2. HistoryFan

    HistoryFan Guest

    I found this comment from a Dell Forum moderator regarding Digital
    Line Detect that answers my own question:

    <<<Digital Line Detect is a program sent out with certain V.92 compliant
    modes to test your phone line. Digital phone lines run on a different
    voltage than Analog phone lines. If you connect your modem to a digital
    phone line, it could damage the modem. Digital Line Detect allows you to
    test the phone line to see if it is digital or not.
    Analog phone lines are found in homes and most businesses. Digital phone
    lines are found in some businesses and offices and other "corporate"
    buildings.
    You do not need the program if you are using your computer at your home. >>>

    HistoryFan, Nov 21, 2003