    Device still shows up in device manager. I can't install my soundblaster
    while its there!

    Help!
    John Kingscott, Dec 30, 2003

  2. John Kingscott

    S.Lewis Guest

    "John Kingscott" <> wrote in message
    news:3CgIb.175$...
    > How do I fully disable sound on a A7V266-E?
    > I have it set to disabled in the bios - but the CMI8738/C3DX PCI Audio
    > Device still shows up in device manager. I can't install my soundblaster
    > while its there!
    >
    > Help!

    Disable it in BIOS, then boot and uninstall it from device manager. Reboot
    and it should be gone from Windows, at least using my P4S333 it works with
    the CMedia down sound.....

    Stew
    S.Lewis, Dec 30, 2003

  3. It just finds it again on start up..

    John Kingscott, Dec 30, 2003
  4. John Kingscott

    Boff Guest

    > How do I fully disable sound on a A7V266-E?
    > I have it set to disabled in the bios - but the CMI8738/C3DX PCI Audio
    > Device still shows up in device manager. I can't install my soundblaster
    > while its there!
    >
    > Help!

    On the A7V266-E I built, when disabling in BIOS, it simply disappears from
    Device Manager. Perhaps the disable is not working with the version of the
    BIOS you are running. Try upgrading your BIOS to the latest if you haven't
    already.

    Boff
    Boff, Dec 30, 2003
  5. John Kingscott

    Deathwish Guest

    I had the same problem. It needs to be disabled in two places:

    Advanced -> Chip Configuration -> set Onboard PCI Audio Controller to
    disabled.

    Advanced -> I/O Device Configuration -> Onboard Peripheral Resource
    Control -> set
    Onboard AC97 Audio Controller to disabled.

    Deathwish, Dec 31, 2003
  6. Fantastic... cheers (shame the crappy SB still won't install!)

    John Kingscott, Dec 31, 2003
  7. John Kingscott

    Deathwish Guest

    > Fantastic... cheers (shame the crappy SB still won't install!)

    I have a Sound Blaster X-gamer installed on my system with no problems.
    What are you experiencing?
    Deathwish, Dec 31, 2003