    that Windows cannot configure this wireless connection and suggests I use
    another program.

    How do I get that square icon back. Tim

    Tim923, Nov 30, 2009

  2. Tim923

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Tim923 wrote:
    > I have a T41 laptop. The WiFi has been working great for months. There
    > used to be 2 WiFi icons in the "tray". One of them looks like
    > a monitor with three radio like lines next to it. The icon I am
    > missing now is the square icon that lets me detect wireless networks
    > in range, change them, and see signal strength. Now I only get the
    > radio icon. It seemed to happen after a power failure in the
    > electric lines. This is when the battery kicked in and took over. When I
    > click on the radio icon, there is no way for me to change the
    > network. It just stays on the home wireless network and won't let me
    > change when I leave home. I can click on the radio icon (not like I
    > did before when I had that square icon), but I get the message that
    > Windows cannot configure this wireless connection and suggests I use
    > another program.
    > How do I get that square icon back. Tim

    Reinstall ThinkVantage Access Connections. Maybe through TV System Update?
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Nov 30, 2009

  3. Tim923

    Tim923 Guest

    > Reinstall ThinkVantage Access Connections. Maybe through TV System Update?
    > --
    > Shaun.

    Sounded like a great idea. I installed the latest version of T.V.A.C., but
    still no icon. I'm puzzled as the icon was there for months. Tim

    Tim923, Nov 30, 2009
  4. Tim923

    Tim923 Guest

    OK, here's what I did:

    install .NET framwork, the latest version
    upgrade T.V.A.C. to latest version
    uninstall T.V.A.C.
    install latest version again

    And now I have the icons. Thanks.

    Tim923, Nov 30, 2009
  5. Tim923

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Tim923 wrote:
    > OK, here's what I did:
    >
    > install .NET framwork, the latest version
    > upgrade T.V.A.C. to latest version
    > uninstall T.V.A.C.
    > install latest version again
    >
    > And now I have the icons. Thanks.

    Heh! The hoops we jump through huh?

    Good to hear that you've got it sorted. TVAC is a great app.
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Dec 5, 2009