Disc management and partitions

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by Mark P., Oct 30, 2003.

  1. Mark P.

    Mark P. Guest

    I am running a tablet PC with Windows XP tablet edition. I
    seem to have messed up in running a disc imaging program.
    It created a new partition that was too big. I somehow
    deleted the imaging program and formatted the patrition.
    In Computer management / disc management in Windows Xp, I
    can make the disc pace a new partition or an extended
    partition or leave it as unallocated space.However what I
    really want to do is reallocate the space back to the c
    drive partition.
    Also could anyone help me with the difference between a
    primary partition and an extended partition.

    Thanks,

    Mark P.

    1. Advertising

  2. Chris H.

    Chris H. Guest

    Mark, there is some very good information on differences between FAT and
    NTFS systems on the hard drives here: http://www.aumha.org/search.htm with
    information on handling them here: http://www.aumha.org/search.htm
    --
    Chris H.