    produce this behaviour, I can live with it, but it would be
    interesting to know what and where the proble is. Any ideas anyone ?

    Steve

    Steve Webb, Jan 19, 2005

  2. In article <>, Steve Webb
    <> writes

    >I have a desktop machine using an L7VTA motherboard and Award Bios,
    >and for some reason it fails to recognise that a different diskette is
    >in the drive if I ever swap floppies.

    pin 34 in the floppy ribbon cable is the disk change line. As it's at
    one edge of the cable (furthest from the one with the stripe), it's
    prone to damage caused by shorting/cutting on sharp case edges or by
    pulling on the cable to disconnect it.

    Try changing the cable as a first step and check the drive and
    motherboard header pins are okay and none are bent.

    --
    ..sigmonster on vacation

    Mike Tomlinson, Jan 23, 2005