display adapter driver keeps disappearing

Discussion in 'Chaintech' started by paul, Sep 6, 2005.

  1. paul

    paul Guest

    gigabyte ga-7vkmls. Bought 3 years ago and installation went fine with xp
    pro.
    Now reformat HDD and re-insalll xp pro from the same disk. Divice manager
    Display Adapter is not listed, but listed as unknown. So, I updated it with
    the driver that came with the motherboard, then it is listed with no
    conflicts. However when I re-boot, it is again listed as unknown and there
    is again no Display Adapter listed in divice manager. I have reinstalled
    several times and this keeps hapening. I even wrote zeros to the entire HDD
    and that did not help. I also downloaded the latest display adapter from
    gigabyte and that did not help.

    Please help!

    paul