    card is in my laptop!!!!!

    Someone help me (the newby)....much appreciated!!!!!!

    , Oct 16, 2008

  2. Augustus Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Someone please help me!!! I am loadinga an old WIN 2000 Pro operating
    > system on an old COMPAQ (details in subject) and the OS has installed
    > a standard display driver.
    >
    > I have tried downloading a driver from compaq.com but their driver
    > (which is supposed to work fro WIN 2000 & XP) does not install
    > correctly! ("The ATI Contol Panel is not initialized.......").
    >
    > I used to be able to download an old driver for WIN 2000 Pro alone. It
    > worked but this is no longer available!
    >
    > I would download from ati.com directly but I do not know what video
    > card is in my laptop!!!!!
    >
    > Someone help me (the newby)....much appreciated!!!!!!

    You require specific drivers from the laptop manufacturer, specifically for
    the ATI IGP340M chipset. A Radeon driver from ATI/AMD will NOT work on an
    EVO N1020V. I had no trouble downloading the specific Win 2000 driver for
    this laptop (23.5Mb). See below...can't be bothered to use SnipURL....
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...iesId=344601&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=181

    Augustus, Oct 16, 2008

  3. Guest

    On Oct 15, 10:01 pm, "Augustus" <no_one@no_where.net> wrote:
    > <> wrote in message

    > > Someone please help me!!! I am loadinga an old WIN 2000 Pro operating
    > > system on an old COMPAQ (details in subject) and the OS has installed
    > > a standard display driver.

    > > I have tried downloading a driver from compaq.com but their driver
    > > (which is supposed to work fro WIN 2000 & XP) does not install
    > > correctly! ("The ATI Contol Panel is not initialized.......").

    > > I used to be able to download an old driver for WIN 2000 Pro alone. It
    > > worked but this is no longer available!

    > > I would download from ati.com directly but I do not know what video
    > > card is in my laptop!!!!!

    > > Someone help me (the newby)....much appreciated!!!!!!

    > You require specific drivers from the laptop manufacturer, specifically for
    > the ATI IGP340M chipset. A Radeon driver from ATI/AMD will NOT work on an
    > EVO N1020V. I had no trouble downloading the specific Win 2000 driver for
    > this laptop (23.5Mb). See below...can't be bothered to use SnipURL....http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?la...

    Thanks a million...worked a treat!!!!! I think I was having trouble
    trying to download drivers from compaq.com NOT hp.com!!!!

    Thanks again!!!!!

    , Oct 16, 2008