dma from pci device

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fireflyblue@gmail.com, Mar 17, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi,

    I need to know if my pci device with dma
    capabilities can read-modify-write in one cycle. Whether such a things
    at all exists ?

    I want to read host main memory from a pci device without the operating
    system modifying it till I am done, in other words I need some form of
    mutual exclusion.

    Is this at all possible ?

    your help is greatly appreciated!
    Allison