Do Not buy from circuit City

Discussion in 'Overclocking' started by Gerald Newton, Dec 20, 2007.

  1. I purchased a computer online on 12/14/2007. I live in Alaska but
    wanted my daughter to pick up the computer and software in Wayne, New
    Jersey. My daughter teaches school in New Jersey and needed the
    computer before the weekend so I thought she could pick it up at the
    store. I called Circuit City and got someone in manila (I asked) and
    explained the situation. They said it would be up to the store. So I
    tried to call the store and after going through about 6 of those press
    this number or that I finally got someone that said to call back and
    press 0 for customer service. I called back and pressed 0 and got
    some girl that put me on hold. I called back again and asked for the
    store manager and again was put on hold. I called my daughter in New
    Jersey and she said her Mom lived right next to the store and she
    would try to pick up the computer. So the next day (Saturday) I
    called the store five times and five times customer service placed me
    on hold or hung up. My x-wife was at the store at the time and she
    called me and said there was no way she could pick up the computer and
    that I would have to cancel the order and wire her the money. So I
    cancelled the order and wired her $1400 using Western Union. She
    bought the computer using the very same order that I had done online.
    The store tried to charge her $29 instead of the $19 on the order for
    the wireless mouse and they left the Microsoft Office $149 software
    out of the bag and she caught it so they then said they had forgotten
    the software.
    Now the bummer. The original order was paid for by debit card and the
    money was given to Circuit City as shown in my online bank record. It
    now has been 7 days and they still have my money for the canceled
    order. I called yesterday and again got some guy in Manila who said
    the money for the canceled order would not go back into my bank
    account for 2 to 5 business days and that they still have until
    tomorrow, Friday to put the money back in. Funny how they can
    immediately take the money, but have to wait a week to put the money
    back. Do Not Buy From Circuit City! I making this post all over the
    Internet to teach these bums a lesson.

    Gerald Newton, Dec 20, 2007

  2. "Gerald Newton" <> wrote in message
    > I called yesterday and again got some guy in Manila who said
    > the money for the canceled order would not go back into my bank
    > account for 2 to 5 business days and that they still have until
    > tomorrow, Friday to put the money back in. Funny how they can
    > immediately take the money, but have to wait a week to put the money
    > back. Do Not Buy From Circuit City!

    The 2 to 5 business days is most likely the delay caused by chargebacks
    through the banking system, not the fault of Circuit City (for this issue,
    at least!)

    JW

    John Whitworth, Dec 25, 2007