    but they didn't reply so abyone have the recovery disk (it language) ?

    thanks.

    Giuliano.
    X-Rom, Oct 15, 2008

  2. X-Rom

    Wandering Guest

    Acer supplies software on the machine to make your own recovery disk, and
    the actual data is stored in a protected partition. If you can get Acer
    eRecovery to work, it will make that disk for you, and you can boot on it
    and restore your machine. It is the same disk they will sell you for $60
    USD, and if you can't get eRecovery to run, you can buy it on their website
    without calling anyone. Good luck.

    Wandering, Oct 15, 2008

  3. X-Rom

    Wandering Guest

    I should have read closer. If your recovery partition is gone, there is no
    way to recover the original setup. The disk needs it as I said above. You
    will likely have to buy a copy to the operating system, and download all the
    drivers from Acer's website, and go from there. BUT, if it's still in
    warranty, you could send it back and they can probably put the original
    image on the drive again, or do it for a fee out of warranty. Without the
    partition, the disks are useless.

    Sorry. Good luck.

    Wandering, Oct 16, 2008