Does anyone make "normal" beige cases anymore?

Discussion in 'Intel' started by Somebody, Dec 25, 2007.

  1. Somebody

    Somebody Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. Andy

    Andy Guest

    <http://www.directron.com/beigecase.html>

    On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 22:01:14 -0800, "Somebody" <>
    wrote:

    >I'm looking for a "normal" beige ATX case (mid or full tower), but all the
    >ones now adays seem to have windows, flashing lights, crazy colors,
    >carvings, etc. Yeah, I know, "I'm boring".
    >
    >Kind of leaning towards the:
    >
    >Athenatech A4224WW.400 Beige Computer Case
    >http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811190085
    >
    >Or the Ark A502-2
    >http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811128002
    >
    >Any other ones out there?

    1. Advertising

  3. Somebody <> wrote:

    > I'm looking for a "normal" beige ATX case (mid or full tower), but all the
    > ones now adays seem to have windows, flashing lights, crazy colors,
    > carvings, etc. Yeah, I know, "I'm boring".
    >
    > Kind of leaning towards the:
    >
    > Athenatech A4224WW.400 Beige Computer Case
    > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811190085
    >
    > Or the Ark A502-2
    > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811128002
    >
    > Any other ones out there?

    Funny you should mention it, the last few years i've been
    impulse-shopping in Denmark's "Silicon Alley", where all the PC
    retailers are located, I have rarely found PC enclosures of the regular
    rectangular shaped, beige/platinum toned plastic. Most of the stuff
    today is, if not sheet metal, then various cheap-looking plastic boxes
    with lots of bling-bling LED lights and stuff, usually black or silver.

    --
    regards , Peter B. P. http://titancity.com/blog , http://macplanet.dk
    Washington D.C.: District of Criminals

  4. Charlie+

    Charlie+ Guest

    On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 22:01:14 -0800, "Somebody" <> wrote as
    underneath my scribble :

    Agree with your sentiment - in the UK we seem to have gone for black in a big
    way - funerial and boring and dark - yuk !
    Charlie

    >I'm looking for a "normal" beige ATX case (mid or full tower), but all the
    >ones now adays seem to have windows, flashing lights, crazy colors,
    >carvings, etc. Yeah, I know, "I'm boring".
    >
    >Kind of leaning towards the:
    >
    >Athenatech A4224WW.400 Beige Computer Case
    >http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811190085
    >
    >Or the Ark A502-2
    >http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811128002
    >
    >Any other ones out there?

  5. DaveW

    DaveW Guest

    Check out Antec cases at
    http://www.antec.com.
    Antec is known for the HIGH quality PSU's they manufacture.

    --
    --DaveW

  6. On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 22:01:14 -0800, "Somebody" <> wrote:

    >I'm looking for a "normal" beige ATX case (mid or full tower), but all the
    >ones now adays seem to have windows, flashing lights, crazy colors,
    >carvings, etc. Yeah, I know, "I'm boring".

    The two cases you link to are CRAP. I've assembled over 20 systems since
    1988. There's nothing worse than having a computer with a bad case and
    power supply. Spend some bucks and buy a good case and power supply.

    PcToys has lots of cases, maybe they have something for you:

    http://www.pctoys.com/

    Newegg is another company I've purchased from. I have a Lian Li and Antec
    Solo cases. Both have Seasonic power supplies. Very quiet fans and rugged
    construction.

    https://www.mixmaster.it

  7. Some Guy

    Some Guy Guest

    Somebody wrote:

    > I'm looking for a "normal" beige ATX case (mid or full tower),

    The only case harder to get is beige desktop cases.

    A couple months ago I had to order more beige desktop cases because
    our inventory was running low. The last time I bought some was about
    2 years ago (A-open, HX95).

    I managed to find a similar beige desktop case from these guys:

    http://www.hec-group.com.tw

    In fact, their desktop case was exactly the same as the Aopen (only
    the front plastic bezel was different).

    I still want to know why I can't get a large 4:3 aspect LCD screen.

  8. On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 15:49:28 -0500, Some Guy <> wrote:

    >I still want to know why I can't get a large 4:3 aspect LCD screen.

    What size do you want? The Samsung 204B 20.1" is available in most stores.
    Viewsonic and NEC have 21" displays but the price almost doubles for that
    extra 1". All of these are 4:3 aspect ratio.

    https://www.mixmaster.it

  9. Somebody wrote:
    > I'm looking for a "normal" beige ATX case (mid or full tower), but all the
    > ones now adays seem to have windows, flashing lights, crazy colors,
    > carvings, etc. Yeah, I know, "I'm boring".
    >
    > Kind of leaning towards the:
    >
    > Athenatech A4224WW.400 Beige Computer Case
    > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811190085
    >
    > Or the Ark A502-2
    > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811128002
    >
    > Any other ones out there?

    One word about all these cute cases, I got my first one to take to give
    presentations, complete with glass side, side fan, neon fans, and found
    that (a) the side fan makes a small difference in CPU temp on small
    systems, and a BIG diff if you pull air in and put an out fan in front
    of the drives if you have a box weith lots of drives. and (b) with the
    glass side I can actually *see* the CPU fan and be sure it's spinning,
    doesn't have a wire draped on it from shipping, etc.

    In other words, not all the glitzy stuff is non-functional, I just leave
    all or most of the LEDs unpowered, and only the side fan has a light
    because it comes that way. I replaced most of the 400w p/s with 500w,
    other than that I like these funky cases for function if not form.

    --
    Bill Davidsen
    He was a full-time professional cat, not some moonlighting

  10. Some Guy

    Some Guy Guest

    George Orwell wrote:

    > > I still want to know why I can't get a large 4:3 aspect LCD
    > > screen.

    > What size do you want? The Samsung 204B 20.1" is available in
    > most stores.

    I have a Samsung 213T (21") that's about 2 years old.

    While the god-damn widescreen monitors are getting bigger, and
    dirt-cheap, the 4:3 screens are NOT getting bigger, they are NOT
    getting cheaper, and they are generally disappearing.

    Can someone explain why the computer industry is trying to kill off
    all the 4:3 screens?

  11. Tom Lake

    Tom Lake Guest

    "Some Guy" <> wrote in message news:...
    > George Orwell wrote:

    > Can someone explain why the computer industry is trying to kill off
    > all the 4:3 screens?

    The industry isn't trying to kill them off. The demand for widescreen is so
    great that it just doesn't make financial sense to continue 4:3. There may
    be
    millions of people who want 4:3 but there are hundreds of millions who want
    widescreen.

    Tom Lake

  12. nospam

    nospam Guest

    Somebody wrote:
    > I'm looking for a "normal" beige ATX case (mid or full tower), but all the
    > ones now adays seem to have windows, flashing lights, crazy colors,
    > carvings, etc. Yeah, I know, "I'm boring".

    All you have to do is buy a cheap case and spray paint it yourself with
    the color you like, pink, red, green, yellow etc.....