Does such a thing exist

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by Jim, Feb 25, 2012.

  1. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Jim, Feb 25, 2012

  2. Jim

    Sjouke Burry Guest

    Jim <> wrote in
    news:4f4958f2$0$27189$c3e8da3$:

    > I have a HP Compaq 610 (in the UK) and it's headphone socket had died
    > is there such a thing as USB (normal size not micro) to headphone
    > socket.cut

    Google "usb soundcard" supplied about 4 solutions in the first
    screen.
    Sjouke Burry, Feb 25, 2012

  3. Jim

    Jim Guest

    On 25/02/2012 22:07, Sjouke Burry wrote:
    > Jim<> wrote in
    >
    >> I have a HP Compaq 610 (in the UK) and it's headphone socket had died
    >> is there such a thing as USB (normal size not micro) to headphone
    >> socket.cut

    > Google "usb soundcard" supplied about 4 solutions in the first
    > screen.

    Thanks for the reply, in an ideal world i'd like to avoid external
    sound-card and my sound on laptop is fine it's just the headphone socket
    i need sorted i have found a few other ideas but hoped others may have
    some other ideas, i have found another idea at Startech
    http://uk.startech.com/Cards-Adapters/Sound/USB-Audio/USB-20-to-Audio-Adapter~ICUSBAUDIO

    Jim
    Jim, Feb 26, 2012
  4. Jim

    Adrian C Guest

    On 26/02/2012 00:20, Jim wrote:
    > On 25/02/2012 22:07, Sjouke Burry wrote:
    >> Jim<> wrote in
    >>
    >>> I have a HP Compaq 610 (in the UK) and it's headphone socket had died
    >>> is there such a thing as USB (normal size not micro) to headphone
    >>> socket.cut

    >> Google "usb soundcard" supplied about 4 solutions in the first
    >> screen.

    > Thanks for the reply, in an ideal world i'd like to avoid external
    > sound-card and my sound on laptop is fine it's just the headphone socket
    > i need sorted i have found a few other ideas but hoped others may have
    > some other ideas, i have found another idea at Startech
    > http://uk.startech.com/Cards-Adapters/Sound/USB-Audio/USB-20-to-Audio-Adapter~ICUSBAUDIO

    That is a USB soundcard.

    --
    Adrian C