Does the Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro 2 not unlock the CPU...?

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Morgan, Sep 6, 2003.

  1. Morgan

    Morgan Guest

    Hello

    Just installed a Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro 2 and all seems fine except...

    With my Abit NF7-S it will unlock the CPU (I only assume this is the
    problem) and allow me to use all the multipliers.

    But the Gigabyte board does not allow through the bios, can't find it (CTRL
    and F1 reveals nothing), or through Easytune4, any multiplier adjustment.

    So can anyone confirm please if the Gigabyte board does not unlock a locked
    CPU or am I missing something here...?

    Thanks for any help

    --
    Regards

    Morgan

    Morgan, Sep 6, 2003

  2. Morgan

    Roy Zurowski Guest

    The multiplier settings are done by dip switches on the motherboard, See
    page 14 in your manual. It helps if you read it all the way through.
    Advanced settings are "Control F1" at the opening bios screen.

    Roy Zurowski, Sep 6, 2003

  3. Morgan

    Morgan Guest

    > The multiplier settings are done by dip switches on the motherboard, See
    > page 14 in your manual. It helps if you read it all the way through.
    > Advanced settings are "Control F1" at the opening bios screen.

    Thank you for that. I have now read that section but I think what confused
    me was this....

    http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-167-3.htm

    (bottom screenshot)

    I assumed, maybe wrongly, that there would be a multiplier adjustment
    possible through the bios as shown on the above board. Albeit not the Pro2.
    Or even through the Easytune4.

    I have now set the dips for 10x and it boots fine at 10x200.

    Thanks again for your response, I appreciate your help.

    The whole package that this board come with is superb value for money :)

    --
    Regards

    Morgan

    Morgan, Sep 6, 2003