    much maintenance? I've been scanning for virus, defragging, and scanning my
    disk once a week. Seemed to make my system run smoothly. Now this.

    Any thoughts on this?

    bullseye, May 28, 2004

  2. bullseye

    PC Medic Guest

    "bullseye" <bullseye35@> wrote in message
    news:ffNtc.64820$...

    > An escalation Dell support technician from Texas strongly advised against
    > performing scandisk weekly as it may cause Windows to corrupt and crash
    > prematurely. (He recommends once a month.) Is there such a thing as too
    > much maintenance? I've been scanning for virus, defragging, and scanning

    my
    > disk once a week. Seemed to make my system run smoothly. Now this.
    >
    > Any thoughts on this?

    My thoughts are this Dell Support Person (will not call this clown a tech),
    doesn't know his A$$ from a hole in the ground.
    Continue with your regularly scheduled system maintenance.

    PC Medic, May 28, 2004

  3. bullseye

    Brian Guest

    bullseye <bullseye35@> wrote:

    > An escalation Dell support technician from Texas strongly advised against
    > performing scandisk weekly as it may cause Windows to corrupt and crash
    > prematurely. (He recommends once a month.) Is there such a thing as too
    > much maintenance? I've been scanning for virus, defragging, and scanning my
    > disk once a week. Seemed to make my system run smoothly. Now this.

    > Any thoughts on this?

    Prematurely? Are you sure this isn't the Linux advocacy group?

    Brian, May 28, 2004
  4. At least you got an idiot from Texas who speaks English instead of the
    typical Dell idiot from India.

    Stefan Parsons, May 28, 2004
  5. bullseye

    Bill Guest

    On 28 May 2004 21:50:53 GMT, Brian <> wrote:

    >Prematurely? Are you sure this isn't the Linux advocacy group?

    Took me a moment, then I got it. Thanks for lightening my evening.

    Bill, May 29, 2004
  6. bullseye

    snoopy Guest

    > An escalation Dell support technician from Texas strongly advised against
    > performing scandisk weekly as it may cause Windows to corrupt and crash
    > prematurely. (He recommends once a month.) Is there such a thing as too
    > much maintenance? I've been scanning for virus, defragging, and scanning

    my
    > disk once a week. Seemed to make my system run smoothly. Now this.
    >
    > Any thoughts on this?

    Frequency would depend on usage IMO. Once a month is probably sufficient
    but will once a week kill Windows? Highly unikely IMO. If it corrupts
    Windows then Windows is even shittier than we all suspected!

    snoopy, May 29, 2004