DP35DP Memory Problem

Discussion in 'Intel' started by Diederick, Jul 13, 2008.

  1. Diederick

    Diederick Guest

    Dear All,

    Just yesterday I got my DP35DP board (BOXDP35DPM to be exact). I also
    got the Q9450 and 2 times 2GB Kingston KVR800D2N5/2G (rated for 1.8V,
    5-5-5 timings). I load the modules in both the blue banks (so one in
    DIMM 0, Channel A, and one in DIMM 0, Channel B).
    When I turn on my machine, i immediately get 3 beeps, which according
    to the manual means that no memory was detected. Same problem when i
    try either one of the modules singly in DIMM 0, Channel A.

    According to the technical documents, by board, with AA number AA
    D81073-208 ships with BIOS rev. 0407, while the intel website says i
    require minimum rev. 0413 (http://processormatch.intel.com/CompDB/
    SearchResult.aspx?ProcNbr=Q9450&BoardName=DP35DP). Could this be the
    reason that my machine won't POST? I don't have any other memory lying
    around to be able to test this, nor do i have an older 775 cpu...

    Thanks for any help/advice/pointers,
    Diederick

    Diederick, Jul 13, 2008

  2. My DP35DP board arrived Aug2007 at the AA D81073-205, BIOS 216 level. I
    installed Kingston KVR800D2N5K2/2G memory ... two 1GB modules ... and am
    still using this memory error-free. The processor installed was an Intel
    E6400.

    Is your problem processor-related rather than memory-related?

    --- Frank

    Frank Pajerski, Jul 14, 2008

  3. Diederick

    Diederick Guest

    Dear Frank,

    Thank you for your reply. It turned out my motherboard had to be
    RMA'd. For other users: I could install windows XP with no problems
    although i did experience some freezes in Windows. Hope this might
    help someone later.

    Diederick

    Diederick, Jul 14, 2008