    reinstall windows.

    TIA

    Robert
    Robert Brereton, Jun 21, 2011

  2. Robert Brereton

    Yousuf Khan Guest

    On 21/06/2011 4:46 PM, Robert Brereton wrote:
    > I have just rebuilt my PC using a DP67BG board along with a i5 2500k cpu
    > and 8Gb 1600 RAM (2 x4GB sticks Crucial Ballistix). I had a problem
    > getting windows 7 Pro 64 bit to install, it would fail at the unpacking
    > files stage. I ended up taking one of the memory sticks out leaving 1 x
    > 4Gb in slot 1, windows then loaded correctly. I have subsequently
    > updated the BIOS to ver 1979.
    >
    > Does anyone know if this a known issue or if there another setting I
    > have missed in the BIOS? I have not overclocked the machine and it is
    > running at default settings. I don't really want to have to remove
    > memory every time I reinstall windows.

    It could simply be a bad memory stick. Run Memtest86+ on it, and see if
    the stick fails.

    Yousuf Khan
    Yousuf Khan, Jun 22, 2011

  3. "Yousuf Khan" <> wrote in message
    > On 21/06/2011 4:46 PM, Robert Brereton wrote:
    >> I have just rebuilt my PC using a DP67BG board along with a i5 2500k cpu
    >> and 8Gb 1600 RAM (2 x4GB sticks Crucial Ballistix). I had a problem
    >> getting windows 7 Pro 64 bit to install, it would fail at the unpacking
    >> files stage. I ended up taking one of the memory sticks out leaving 1 x
    >> 4Gb in slot 1, windows then loaded correctly. I have subsequently
    >> updated the BIOS to ver 1979.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know if this a known issue or if there another setting I
    >> have missed in the BIOS? I have not overclocked the machine and it is
    >> running at default settings. I don't really want to have to remove
    >> memory every time I reinstall windows.

    > It could simply be a bad memory stick. Run Memtest86+ on it, and see if
    > the stick fails.
    >
    > Yousuf Khan

    I have done that. I also had 2 other sticks and substituted each with the
    same result. It seems that others have had similar problems with windows 7
    using a variety of board/memory/processor combinations.

    Bob
    Robert Brereton, Jun 22, 2011