Dragon Plus, Ultra Promise, and BIOS

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by Jon Danniken, Nov 22, 2003.

  1. Jon Danniken

    Jon Danniken Guest

    Howdy,

    My friend has a Dragon Plus running the BIOS version 2ba2. The problem is a
    number of issues with using the IDE 3/4 on the Ultra Promise controller.

    I notice on the SOYO site that they have a number of BIOS releases more current
    than the 2ba2, but they do not specify what improvements have been made with
    those.

    Does anyone know which (if any) of the BIOS releases address issues with the
    Ultra Promise IDE controller?

    Thanks for any information you are able to provide.

    Jon

    1. Advertising

  2. acajka

    acajka Guest

    "Jon Danniken" <> wrote in message news:<bpod3d$1ovcih$-berlin.de>...
    > Howdy,
    >
    > My friend has a Dragon Plus running the BIOS version 2ba2. The problem is a
    > number of issues with using the IDE 3/4 on the Ultra Promise controller.
    >
    > I notice on the SOYO site that they have a number of BIOS releases more current
    > than the 2ba2, but they do not specify what improvements have been made with
    > those.
    >
    > Does anyone know which (if any) of the BIOS releases address issues with the
    > Ultra Promise IDE controller?
    >
    > Thanks for any information you are able to provide.
    >
    > Jon

    Bios version 2BA6 updates the Promise controller bios to version 2.00

    Andy

    1. Advertising

  3. Jon Danniken

    Jon Danniken Guest

    Re: Dragon Plus, Ultra Promise, and BIOS (THANKS)

    "acajka" wrote:
    > "Jon Danniken" wrote:
    > > Howdy,
    > >
    > > My friend has a Dragon Plus running the BIOS version 2ba2. The problem is a
    > > number of issues with using the IDE 3/4 on the Ultra Promise controller.
    > >
    > > I notice on the SOYO site that they have a number of BIOS releases more

    current
    > > than the 2ba2, but they do not specify what improvements have been made with
    > > those.
    > >
    > > Does anyone know which (if any) of the BIOS releases address issues with the
    > > Ultra Promise IDE controller?

    > Bios version 2BA6 updates the Promise controller bios to version 2.00
    >
    > Andy

    Thanks for that, Andy. For some reason I didn't see the descriptions the first
    time I looked at the updates. Much appreciated.

    Jon