    whats going on here?

    oh yeah its an artec 16x DVD drive.

    tia.

    MacDaddy, Sep 24, 2003

  2. MacDaddy

    J.Clarke Guest

    On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 23:32:32 GMT
    "MacDaddy" <> wrote:

    > I have the ATI Radeon 9800 non pro Sapphire Catalyst Driver disc, and
    > for some reason my functioning DVD drive is rejecting it. It'll spin
    > up a little bit, but never seems to be able to read it properly.
    > Anyone have a clue whats going on here?
    >
    > oh yeah its an artec 16x DVD drive.

    Could be something odd about the CD--one motherboard manufacturer
    shipped a bunch of CDs that wouldn't read in Plextor 12/10/32
    drives--tried several of the CDs in several drives with the same
    problem, but they worked fine in every other model of drive I tried and
    the CD with the next release of drivers read fine.

    If you've got a different drive that will read it and a CD burner then
    try copying it and it should go fine.

    Of course there's also the possibility that you just have a defective
    CD--does happen once in a while.

    > tia.

    --John
    (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

    J.Clarke, Sep 24, 2003

  3. MacDaddy

    Tim Guest

    I don't suppose you have another computer you'd be able to do a test read with?
    Like inserting the CD in it and just performing a copy & paste to a folder on
    the other computer (just to make sure the files can be read). If so, then it's
    probably your dvd drive (perhaps needs to be cleaned?). If it's a laser read
    error, I'm not at all sure how that can be fixed outside of RMA thru the
    manufacturer of the drive.

    But in the meantime, in lieu of accessing the disc, you can download the latest
    drivers from their website:

    http://www.sapphiretech.com/downloads/downloads.asp

    Tim, Sep 24, 2003
  4. MacDaddy

    bandit Guest

    COULD BE A BAD CD if you just got the card call them and they will
    send you a new one i had this problem one time and there was nothing
    wrong with my drive cause every one of my other cds worked just fine
    it was the cd that was bad

    bandit, Sep 24, 2003
  5. MacDaddy

    MacDaddy Guest

    thanks for help guys, i guess it is more of an annoyance than a major
    problem i was able to get drivers...but when you linked me to the sapphire
    site it probed the question of whether or not these drivers are different
    from regular ATI catalyst drivers?

    MacDaddy, Sep 24, 2003
  6. MacDaddy

    patrickp Guest

    "MacDaddy" <> wrote in message
    > I have the ATI Radeon 9800 non pro Sapphire Catalyst Driver disc, and for
    > some reason my functioning DVD drive is rejecting it. It'll spin up a

    little
    > bit, but never seems to be able to read it properly. Anyone have a clue
    > whats going on here?
    >
    > oh yeah its an artec 16x DVD drive.
    >
    > tia.

    I had an Ati CD that would only run about once in 5 tries a couple of years
    ago - this was when ATi were still distributing in Europe. Just contacted
    support, told them it wouldn't run at all and they sent me another one.

    patrickp

    patrickp, Sep 24, 2003