Drivers for ATI Radeon 7500 card ?

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Richard Cox, Nov 10, 2003.

  1. Richard Cox

    Richard Cox Guest

    Hello there,

    Yesterday I tried to install the latest ATI drivers on my cousin's ATI
    Radeon card- which is the 7500 series.

    I went to ATI's site, did the usual thing,

    find drives, clicked XP for the OS, then the Radeon family,
    then took the latest and ONLY drivers they have listed there.

    There is no info about what actual cards the drivers support.

    I'm puzzled. After downloading these drivers and installing them,
    - upon reboot the computer screen was completely screwed up - the
    video was unreadable, and the screen was scrolling like an old TV
    screen.

    I rebooted into safe mode, and uninstalled the drivers.

    Any clue to what I did wrong ?

    Before installing these drivers, I downloaded the latest MMC ( version
    8.7 I think it was) - I chose the latest one, - installed that, then
    installed the Remote software for remote control, - version 2.1

    it told me the Remote 21. software could not run because video card
    drivers were outdated, so it was at this point that i downloaded the
    latest video drivers - ran those, and the problem arose that i
    describe above.

    Any help is much appreciated.

    Richard.
    Richard Cox, Nov 10, 2003

  2. Richard Cox

    Lateef Guest

    On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 10:18:13 -0500, Richard Cox <>
    wrote:

    >Hello there,
    >
    >Yesterday I tried to install the latest ATI drivers on my cousin's ATI
    >Radeon card- which is the 7500 series.
    >
    >I went to ATI's site, did the usual thing,
    >
    >find drives, clicked XP for the OS, then the Radeon family,
    >then took the latest and ONLY drivers they have listed there.
    >
    >There is no info about what actual cards the drivers support.
    >
    >I'm puzzled. After downloading these drivers and installing them,
    >- upon reboot the computer screen was completely screwed up - the
    >video was unreadable, and the screen was scrolling like an old TV
    >screen.
    >
    >I rebooted into safe mode, and uninstalled the drivers.
    >
    >Any clue to what I did wrong ?
    >
    >Before installing these drivers, I downloaded the latest MMC ( version
    >8.7 I think it was) - I chose the latest one, - installed that, then
    >installed the Remote software for remote control, - version 2.1
    >
    >it told me the Remote 21. software could not run because video card
    >drivers were outdated, so it was at this point that i downloaded the
    >latest video drivers - ran those, and the problem arose that i
    >describe above.
    >
    >Any help is much appreciated.
    >
    >Richard.

    It sounds like a refresh rate problem with your monitor....
    from your description of symptoms.

    fixable from display settings dialogue from safe mode though maybe
    tricky.
    try adapter default.
    Lateef, Nov 14, 2003