Drivers for Aztech AT6800 modem fow Win XP

Discussion in 'Packard Bell' started by ss454_@hotmail.com, Nov 26, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi

    I posted this yesterday but I must have messed up...it did not
    seem to take. I'll try again.

    I have Windows XP and installed it on an old PB Synera 200 All
    in One computer. I realize it is slow and impractical, but I just
    wanted to see if it could work. It worked fine, but the modem did not
    take. The sound aspect works fine though. The modem is the Aztech
    AT6800 modem sound card combo. Does anybody have the drivers or know
    where I can get them for Windows XP?.. I realizre that it will be very
    sluggish. It's just 233 mhz and only has 128 meg memory.. I just wanted
    to see if it can/could be done.

    OK that's it.

    Thanks

    Bill
    , Nov 26, 2005

  2. RRR_News Guest

    It looks like you will need a new modem that is XP compatible, it appears that
    the drivers available are for W95 & W98.

    --

    Rich/rerat

    (RRR News) <message rule>

    RRR_News, Nov 26, 2005

  3. Ben Myers Guest

    If the modem is an ISA modem, forget about it for XP unless it is one of the
    old-style modems, not a Winmdem.

    If the modem is a PCI modem, determine the modem chipset on the card, and try to
    find XP drivers for the modem chipset at the chipset manufacturer's web site.
    If there are no drivers available, simply get another PCI modem. They are very
    inexpensive... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Nov 26, 2005
  4. metronid Guest

    Ben I am just using the memory that god gave me.
    Either he has taken some back or I must have lost some along the way.

    I was selling 33.6 modem/sound cards on Ebay about a year or so ago
    I think I also had the AT6800

    If my memory serves me correctly ,Windows 2000 PROFESSIONAL (the pre XP )
    found the drivers for it
    without any problem.
    I believe the At6800 was just a little different than the others I had at
    that time except
    for some added jumpers.
    I think.

    Then again I may have had Windows XP at that time
    I have used 2000 and XP and 98 all at the same time around the time I had
    the
    modem.

    I am still trying to figure out if XP is that must better if I exclude the
    added drivers and other
    thig-a-ma jigs then I am not really sure.

    metronid, Nov 28, 2005
  5. mdp Guest

    I posted a link below at soundcard-drivers but registering is a bit of a
    hassle. Here's a link that's free:

    http://www.pc-ap.fujitsu.com/support/drv_addon.html

    mdp, Dec 1, 2005